My husband and i just returned from a wonderful and relaxing week at this resort. Stayed Feb 9-16. We have stayed at many all inculsive resorts in Mexico and the Caribbean and I would rate VIM in the top two. The service is outstanding, everyone we encountered from the front desk , the bartenders, the servers in the resturants, all the staff ! just to name a few, Roberto, always there to shuttle us to and from and always with a smile and OLA ! Waiters: Ivan, Alfonso, Victor. Staff,: Victor, Sergio, Genero, Kudos to a waiter in the Indonesian resturant I think his name was Geramo. not sure of the spelling but he was excellent!
We stayed in the Emerald suites building 11. Perfect ! we could see the ocean from our balcony and it was right next to a path leading to a fantastic and very quiet beach. We vacation for relaxation and privacy, and this was the perfect choice. There was a pool just across the road that i could go to and float when I got too hot. If you're looking for action and fun , the main pool offers plenty for everyone.
The grounds of this resort are beautiful. The resort is very large, but every inch is iimmaculately groomed.The topgraphy is unusual with every effort made to preserve the natural landscape. If you have problems with the size of the resort, or the long walk just call for a ride, a cart will arrive at your service anytime within five minutes.
We enjoyed the food in all the resturants with the indonision being our favorite. Breakfast was amazing in both resturants with cooked to order omelettes and eggs and a large varity of fresh fruit. Ask for a cappuccino? at your command ! A personal note regarding the bad reviews about the food, Please remember this resort does not claim to offer gormet cusine. If you are a foodie and therefore critical of the food choices then perhaps you should book a resort with a private chef.
Spa: thank you Yuri for one of the best spa treatments I"ve had the pleasure of recieving. Also thanks to Yuri and Sara for theor service.
In closing The only downside to our stay A VIM: No Wi-Fi in rooms !!! i would hope a resort of ths caliber cold manage this for their guests. I have an IPad and enjoy using it. but was unable to unless by the main pool, or in the lobby. LAGOON Stinks , smells like sewage. a real turn off! Can see no reason why this is there as it detracts from the overall experience of this beautiful resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Valentin Imperial Maya is the new definition of paradise. Our 5 star Adults-Only (18+) All-Inclusive Resort is located a short 25 minutes from Cancun International Airport in the Riviera Maya. Set amid lavish gardens on a half-mile-long stretch of white sand beach named Playa Del Secreto (The Secret Beach), this magnificent award-winning resort boasts one of the largest swimming pools in Mexico. The location is ideal as one can easily reach Cancun and the world famous Mayan archaeological sites such as Tulum, Coba, and Chichen Itza, yet be removed enough to enjoy the casually elegant ambience of Valentin Imperial Maya. Escape into a world where your every wish is our command. Come indulge yourself....You deserve it! Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel & Spa is committed to preserve the environment by reducing the consumption of natural resources, promoting among our guests and staff, protection and respect for the environment through good environmental practices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, Amex, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Valentin Imperial Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya
- Valentin Imperial Maya Riviera Maya, Mexico