My husband and I vacationed at the Valentin Nov 28 - Dec. 5., our 2nd visit in 2012. This was our 4th visit and every time it just gets better! We love it at the Valentine and will return again next year. We like building 5 or 6 and enjoy the beautiful grounds. Food is excellent, service too. The drinks are excellent and you can order all top shelf liquors and there is a martini bar. 1st class all the way. All the restaurant are great except maybe the steak house. Love the Hibachi Grill and L'Alsace. We got room service every morning so we could start our day with coffee and pastries on our balcony. All this is included in the all inclusive price. The house band gets better every year and we always meet people in our age group (50-65). None of that cheesy entertainment that is found at most resorts. Their are some honeymooners but mostly older groups that like to have fun. This a quieter resort but there is lots to do and the pool is beautiful. Glad we do not have to deal with the young party groups although our age group knows how to party when we want to! They are working on the beach area and we spent more time there this visit.
Only l problem this year, we requested building 5 and it was not arranged and ended up in building 4 with 2 double beds in a handicapped room. We were not happy but did get moved the next day to building 5 on the 3rd floor which was our original request. Since this was our 4th visit we thought we should have received our request as returning guests. We were assured this would not happen on our next visit. What bothered us was the fact they tried to blame our travel agent when clearly it was their mistake. Next time We will email before we leave to make sure this does not happen again. This will not deter us from going again though.
We love the Valentin and already thinking of our next trip there. If your are looking for a great holiday at a beautiful resort this is the place to go! We have travelled many places but this is our favorite. See you next year Valentin!
- Also Known As:
- Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel
- Valentin Imperial
- Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya
- Valentin Imperial Maya Riviera Maya, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Valentin Imperial Maya is the new definition of paradise. Our 5 star Adults-Only (18+) All-Inclusive Resort is located a short 25 minutes from Cancun International Airport in the Riviera Maya.Set amid lavish gardens on a half-mile-long stretch of white sand beach named Playa Del Secreto (The Secret Beach), this magnificent award-winning resort boasts one of the largest swimming pools in México. The location is ideal as one can easily reach Cancun and the world famous Mayan archaeological sites such as Tulúm, Cobá, and Chichen Itzá, yet be removed enough to enjoy the casually elegant ambience of Valentin Imperial Maya.Escape into a world where your every wish is our command. Come indulge yourself….you deserve it! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, BookIt.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com and MexVax so you can book your Valentin Imperial Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.