“Too much fun!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Valentin Imperial Maya

Save Saved
You added Valentin Imperial Maya to your Saves list
Valentin Imperial Maya
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Federal 307 Chetumal Puerto Juarez KM 311 500 | Playa del Carmen, Playa del Secreto, Playa del Carmen 77710, Mexico   |
Nashville, Tennessee
“Too much fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Great all inclusive. The evening activities in the outdoor courtyard were really great. Food was good and I was satisfied with the 6 different restaurants. Not great but it takes a lot to wow me. Good service. Beach staff great at getting us in kayaks and hobbies cat.

Room Tip: We stayed in emerald suite for beachfront location. Very nice. Had a private beach in our backyard b...

6,627 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,849)
Burlington, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

No complaints here! Enjoyed everything about this resort and staff were super helpful. Our first room was beside elevator which made horrible noise, we were moved the next day on request and received phone call within five minutes of arriving in new room to make sure everything was acceptable. Loved the room service, especially on those mornings were were going on excursions, arrived exactly on time as requested. Would recommend this resort to anyone and would return. Thank you for a great time!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Edmonton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Everything was very nice with my stay. I'll list my minor complaints since I was very happy with the rooms, the food, the liquor/wine selection, the service, the beach and the resort in general. Also, no timeshare push.

The minor cons:

- The beach bar isn't that close to where you actually swim and the service at the beach is pretty slow (they try, but it's tough to take that many orders and walk that far in the sand quickly).
- Wifi is only in the main lobby.
- No hot tub/jacuzzi. When the sun goes down, the main pool is fairly cold. Sitting for an hour or two in a hot tub between 5-7pm or so would have been great.
- The fitness center was merely OK.
- Wait times at some of the restaurants were sometimes in the 45 minutes range.This didn't bother me much, since I would just eat elsewhere and plan differently the next night and avoid major waits.

I figured if these were my only minor issues, it was a pretty good stay.

Little Things I liked:

- Super easy to get bottled water throughout the resort.
- Good selection of house wine (each restaurant has it's own) and liquor in general.
- Enjoyed all the restaurants and the portions weren't over sized.
- If you want a quiet night or a bit of a party, you can have it either way. Nothing wild, but we managed to have quite a few fun late nights.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Algonquin, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I was at the awesome resort for a three day girls trip with four other friends. Our wonderful experience started with a warm welcome with a glass of champagne. We were greeted by warm and friendly people who explained the lay out of the resort and different restaurants on site. We were all in the Golden Jr. Suite category which was a beautiful room with a large balcony with chairs and table. Each room had either two double beds or one king size bed with a large sitting area. Two TV's and a lovely extremely large bath room with double sinks,, a large tub, seperate large shower stall. Wonderful organic shampoo, soaps and bath wash and large closets with a safe. The maid service and turn down service which always had a cute towel art to greet me when I returned. You can call and let them know when and what time you wanted your room cleaned and never had someone knocking on your door. Top of line liquor and house wines where Chilian. If you wanted quiet there was a nice river type pool with two bars. The large pool had two swim up bars with alot of activity. Busy or quiet was your choice. Nice walking beach. Catholic chapel if you want to get married on the resort. Lovely grounds that were nicely taking care of. I was there for only three nights. You had the choice of 9 different restaurants with only one requiring advance reseverations. One night we had drinks and appertizers at one and dinner at another. No questions asked and it was not an issue.
They have entertainment nightly which is posted on a sheet left in your room ever evening.
Tipping is not required and I did see a waiter refuse a tip from a gentleman on evening.
You can relax and be quiet or be as busy as you want. They offer shuttle service twice a day into Playa Cara if you so desire. I would and will be returning to this Awesome Warm and Welcoming Resort.

Appleton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed at the Valentin Imperial Maya November 6th to 11th. We had a fantastic and restful week. The check in took a bit too long, but once we were settled into our room, we began a terrific vacation. Our room, a Golden Suite, was very nice and comfortable. The food in all of the restaurants was terrific. The Hacienda was our favorite (Mexican). We also really enjoyed the beachside restaurant buffet for breakfast and lunches. For lunch, the main buffet restaurant seemed to have an even bigger selection. The breakfast was exceptional with lots of fresh fruits, berries, fresh squeezed juices, omelet station etc. etc.

I think one thing that truly sets this resort apart from other all inclusives that we have been to is the size of the property. This resort is at least ten times the size of a Secrets or Dreams, but with about the same number of rooms. The grounds are beautiful, lush and perfectly manicured. The beach was terrific with plenty of palapas and a nice bar. The pool was perfect too. Not crowded. You never had to stake out chairs, and plenty of floaties too.

The service was outstanding... from every person we encountered. We highly recommend this resort and will definitely visit again.

Room Tip: We loved the Golden Suite. The bathroom and spa tub can either be open to the room or completely pr...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed at Valentin for two weeks with a friend and we had two other friends come and stay for the second week. I travel four times a year and I was looking for a 'home', sadly I did not find it here.
My biggest complaint is the pool, which was gorgeous but I like quiet and some shade. There was no shade at all at the quiet end of the pool unless you upgrade to 'privelige' and I am not about to pay $60 a day for shade. (I would not use the other part of the privelige package).
We did book our trip with Nolitours and they have a seperate pool which is sandwiched between the noisy end of the big pool and the excercise, dance classes which play loud music too, so we had different loud music coming at us from both sides. Also the 'Nolitours' pool only has ladders to get in and out of the water.
We loved all of the a la carte restaurants and had no complaints there. The french one was our favourite and for the most part we received good service.
The first week the service was terrible in the buffet La Marche, I had to get my own coffee a few times at breakfast. I didnt mind doing that but wondered where all the good service I had read about was. I always tipped and the second week the service got better although my pet peeve is they did not clear the dirty dishes off the table and we had to stack them up so that we could put our second course on the table.
Our room was kept clean, but we only received turndown service about five out of fourteen nights, and it took them four days of us constantly asking to get the internet to our room working.
Overall I would rate this hotel as a four star......it is not a five star.

Apex, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

It doesn't get any better than Valentine Imperial Maya! From the moment you get there, you are greeted with cold towels and champagne. The staff is over-the-top friendly. I'm talking about every person we encountered from the valets, maids, maintenance, everyone...they go out of their way to ask you how you are doing and get you whatever you need. Willy helped us to our room and offered us a nice summary of all the buildings as we were passing buy. It was our anniversary and they really made it feel special for us. Our room had a "Happy Anniversary" ribbon on it. When we walked into the room, there were two beautiful swans on our bed (towel art) with rose pedals all around. They also had a chilled bottle of champage and a piece of chocolate cake that said "Happy Anniversary" on it. The room was very comfortable and ultra modern. Beautiful woodwork and marble throughout.

Once we got to the resort, we didn't want to leave! Two amazing pools, 9 different restaurants to choose from(awesome food, L'Olivo and Ginger were our favorites), and they brought all of the entertainment to you. During the day they would have really fun games, volleyball, water aerobics, funny pool games, you name it. All with an awesome entertainment staff called the Go team. At night they brought in professional entertainment, Rock Show, Michael Jackson, FireShow on the beach, etc.

We never wanted to leave the sweet pools, with swim up bar and entertainment. Veronica and Jorge at the Earth Bar made our trip!

Would definitely recommend, especially to those celebrating a special occasion like an anniversary. If you go, make sure you grab a lounge chair by the pool early. The chairs and the floaties go quickly.

Room Tip: Building 2 is conveniently located close to the main pool and the restaurants.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Valentin Imperial Maya? Share your experiences!