My husband and I stayed at the Valentin March 7th to 14th. We were extremely happy with our vacation, despite a few hitches which were almost expected in a resort this new.
I agree with many of the other positive reviews and do not want to repeat what almost everybody else has said. I am going to try to come up with a few different points that haven't really been brought up...
Check In: We arrived at 10 am. Our room was not ready until 4 pm, which is the check out time they have posted in the lobby (as opposed to 3 pm which seems to be the opinion on Trip Advisor) Although I know there has been some lucky people that got into their rooms early, we just weren't one of them. Come prepared with full beach gear easily accessible and enjoy the day! Don't try walking around the resort for 6 hours dressed in anything heavier than a swim suit/cover up!
Beach: there is actually 3 seperate areas of palapas along the Valentin beach. The main beach has its own bar and
is right in front of the Mar & Tierra restaurant. It has quite a few palapas (sorry, I didn't count how many) and were usually reserved quite early in the morning (got there at 9 am and had to walk almost to the end). The next beach/palapa area is in front of the ocean front rooms and also has a bar. This was our favorite place for reading/relaxing and much easier to find an empty palapa. Unfortunately we did not discover this area until halfway through our trip. There is also another area, further along the beach to the south, in front of the far south ocean fronts. It was basically deserted, no bar, but if you are looking to be pretty much alone, this would be the place to be. There are rocky places in between each area that makes it a little harder to walk but the sand at each area is beautiful. Definately if you are wanting to enjoy the water, you would want to be at the main area.
We went to the Mar (seafood), Tierra (steak), Lobster Pot (lobster ONLY) Mexican, and Italian restaurants. All food was very good. The seafood was generally overcooked but still very tasty. The buffet for breakfast and dinner at Le Marche was consistently very good. Because we tend to eat early we never had to wait. The pager system they have in place for those that eat at rush hour seems to work well. One word of caution, however, at the Lobster/Mar/Tierra if you are having to wait for a half hour or so, you would have to walk all the way back to the main lobby area for a drink, there is no bar open at that time of day where you could have a relaxing drink close by. Not a huge issue, but if you walking isn't your bag, go to these restaurants early and avoid the rush.
If I could sum up the dress code that I would use as a guide to feel like I wasn't over/under dressed, it would be: no running shoes anywhere after dark, no jeans unless they were new and dark denim, jean skirts looked pretty iffy girls (sorry!), dressy sandals were great for women, closed toes casual shoes for men (think topsiders). Capris, absolutely.
Construction: the main areas of concern were that in most of the basic rooms, there was construction going on in the top floor, end penthouse suites. We were in building 3 initially, which was a great location. We were not willing to put up with the noise during afternoon siesta time. We asked politely to be moved, and they did - to a swim up suite at no extra charge.
Staff: We did not encounter one single person that did not seem to want to make our vacation as pleasurable as possible. They were all very polite and friendly and simply could not do enough for us. Exceptional in every regard.
One caution...if you are looking for a place to party, this is NOT IT!! Very quiet in the evenings.
We loved the Valentin. It was a wonderful holiday for adults that are looking for a relaxing vacation. We will not be able to afford it next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Valentin Imperial Maya is the new definition of paradise. Our 5 star Adults-Only (18+) All-Inclusive Resort is located a short 25 minutes from Cancun International Airport in the Riviera Maya. Set amid lavish gardens on a half-mile-long stretch of white sand beach named Playa Del Secreto (The Secret Beach), this magnificent award-winning resort boasts one of the largest swimming pools in Mexico. The location is ideal as one can easily reach Cancun and the world famous Mayan archaeological sites such as Tulum, Coba, and Chichen Itza, yet be removed enough to enjoy the casually elegant ambience of Valentin Imperial Maya. Escape into a world where your every wish is our command. Come indulge yourself....You deserve it! Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel & Spa is committed to preserve the environment by reducing the consumption of natural resources, promoting among our guests and staff, protection and respect for the environment through good environmental practices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Valentin Imperial Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya
- Valentin Imperial Maya Riviera Maya, Mexico