We had a wonderful time at the Valentin Sept 21-28th! Even though the registration desk did NOT have the room we had requested and only had a 2 double bed suite in building 6 for the first night, we had a great time. We had requested a king on floors 2 or 3 in buildings 6, 7 or 8. The Valentin worked to move us on Saturday (only spent 1 night in the double bed suite) to a King suite on the 3rd floor swim up in building 7. All the rooms are beautiful, but it just took a little time away from the pool to get packed and moved to another room. This matter was Not a huge problem because the front desk (Danielle?) remedied them quickly, as promised. We were very happy with the accomodations. However, breakfast and lunch turned into our favorite meals, as the dinners have been modified to different menus from our past visits. The Italian was our favorite, but we had disappointing meals at the Mexican, the Steakhouse and the Lobsterpot, which we have never had in the past. There must have been a change in the chefs. Other guests loved the Mexican and the French, so it just depends on the individual's taste buds. All in all, we ate well and came home with a few extra pounds. We enjoyed a snorkeling excursion at the Maroma Adventures down the road. We booked this through Lomas travels, where Chris and Ismael (or Israel, ? on his name) both presented us with the different options to a local adventure without committing to being away from the resort for 8 or 10 hours. Both companies were excellent in providing us with a great excursion with the time we wanted to spend away from the resort. Maroma adventures is right down the road from the Valentin and took less than 10 minutes to get there. The snorkling catamaran (nicknamed the Titanic ll, lol!) was beautiful and staffed with a very professional team of staff. The captain was very focused on our safety and the staff took the time and care to make sure everyone on board was safe and happy. The package we purchased was $75 US each and included snorkling, a spinaker ride (we had to bypass this due to safety, it was much TOO windy on the day we went) and a delicous lunch at the Maroma Adventurs restaurant. The captain provided us with an extra 1/2 hour to snorkle in place of the spinaker, which was another exciting dive to see all of the beautiful marine life. It was so worth the money and Lomas did a perfect job matching our wishes with this trip.
The swim up rooms are beautiful and relaxing with the pool outside the rooms. We had wonderful bartenders, Sergio (usually a waiter at the main pool) and Manuel. The bartenders at the swim up pool take the time to teach the guests about the resort and the local activities. They would go out of their way to make the drinks as requested. If you book a trip, do not hesitate to book it at the Valentin and use Lomas travel for your transfers to/from the airport and excursions. Everyone is so nice and prompt. All of the staff, from the bellhops to the maids are very professional and friendly.) We have been here 3 times an wouldn't change a thing, except the weather, as it rained more this time of year than last.
- Also Known As:
- Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel
- Valentin Imperial
- Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya
- Valentin Imperial Maya Riviera Maya, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Valentin Imperial Maya is the new definition of paradise. Our 5 star Adults-Only (18+) All-Inclusive Resort is located a short 25 minutes from Cancun International Airport in the Riviera Maya.Set amid lavish gardens on a half-mile-long stretch of white sand beach named Playa Del Secreto (The Secret Beach), this magnificent award-winning resort boasts one of the largest swimming pools in México. The location is ideal as one can easily reach Cancun and the world famous Mayan archaeological sites such as Tulúm, Cobá, and Chichen Itzá, yet be removed enough to enjoy the casually elegant ambience of Valentin Imperial Maya.Escape into a world where your every wish is our command. Come indulge yourself….you deserve it! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Valentin Imperial Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.