Although it did not feel like a 5 star hotel, the Monasterio had impressive architecture, a spacious courtyard and nice grounds. Its location, on the edge of the historical old town, was a real plus. The pros and cons for us were:
- wonderful old architecture
- clean, tidy room with a large balcony off our room; excellent shower
- very good sauna (also had a turkish bath that looked good too)
- room itself was small and cramped (we arrived tired, late in the day and did not ask to see other rooms)
- pool needed cleaning and chlorinating so could not be used
- some room touches missing, e.g. small fridge, free bottle of water (but there was a safe)
Breakfast was fresh fruit, juice, rolls, coffee and choice of how you wanted your eggs, i.e. somewhat limited but still good. Where breakfast was served was very relaxing and looked out over the garden.
Overall we had a good stay here but felt that, at the price charged, and given some of our comments above, that the hotel deserved a "very good" rather than an "excellent" rating.
One final point is that a hotel like this should have at least one person on the desk who is fluent in English.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Dann Monasterio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.