TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY More info

“Clean Hotel but Dishonest” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Los Mochis

You added BEST WESTERN Los Mochis to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Los Mochis
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Av. Alvaro Obregon No. 691 Pte, Los Mochis 81200, Mexico   |
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Los Mochis
San Diego, California
“Clean Hotel but Dishonest”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I had booked the room via Priceline. Upon arrival I presented my confirmation that I had a paid reservation. The hotel claimed they had no record of the payment or reservation. David who was at the front desk put little effort into finding a solution to the problem, but graciously offered to charge me 50% more for a suite (conveniently all they had available). I was able to use the internet to Skype Priceline where they provided the desk confirmation of their electronic receipt of the reservation. The hotel placed me in the suite and claimed it to be an upgrade. I was told my credit card would not be charged additional due to it being the error of the hotel. Upon reviewing my credit card statement I realized the hotel charged me for the suite without my consent.

Room Tip: Confirm your reservation with the hotel directly and ask for a DNA sample of the person you speak wi...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
4 Thank JonathanB367

swan lake mb canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Stayed one night after El Chepe, no complaints. Arrived at midnight and had to walk next door to eat at Burger King, but area is very safe and we found locals very friendly, eager to practice their English. VERY good breakfast. Spotless hotel, well located in a good part of town. This is definitely a business-oriented but still good for a stopover.

By the way, anyone thinking of flying to/from Los Mochis, the airport is the most glitzy/modern airport I have been through in a long time.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank gdesmond61
Quito, Ecuador
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

A little confusion, this hotel is not really rated #2 in Los Mochis. The Best Western Hotel Posada Freeman Zona Dorada, which is located on the beach is #2. This is rated #7.
Typical modern Best Western located in a good area for restaurants, shopping, banking, train station and bus depots. Everything is up to American standards. The online photos and descriptions are correct. The Samsung LCD TV and free Wi-Fi internet were great. There was a coffee maker and high quality bottled water in the room, tiled, stand up shower but no tub, in the modern bathroom with plenty of hot water. The king bed was a little too firm for me and the sheets are a bit scratchy. The rooms are up to your expectations for a Best Western. The pool area is great but no Jacuzzi.
Their restaurant was above average but the prices were average for the USA. Everything was cooked to perfection but the steak was a little tough. The crab appetizer was crazy good. Menus are in English or Spanish.
More confusion, the online price was $80 USD. They asked for $120 USD at the desk. I jokingly asked them to check inside the box (computer) for a better price. They countered with $69 for a king size non-smoking room. VERY professional, happy and friendly staff. The bellman met me at the taxi waited for my check-in then and set up everything in my room. This is something that I have only seen in the grand hotels in old movies. I was impressed.
The rooms are up to your expectations for a Best Western.
Recommended for long term vacationers who get tired of typical third world hotels.

Room Tip: Don't settle for the first price offered at the front desk.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank Robert M
Aesch, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

The hotel is only about 5 minutes from the bus station and maybe 15 min from the train station.
Rooms are spacious and clean, staff is friendly.
we didn't use any of the facilities as we came in late and departed early for the 6am departure of Chepe, but it all looked very nice and inviting. good value for price paid.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Melanie F
Puerto Escondido, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2010

This is a very attractive hotel located near the centre of the city. It was a bit pricey but otherwise we were very comfortable here. Good restaurant, too.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank Tony R
Milan, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

I've been staying at Best Western after a 3 days trip through the Copper Canyon and on the way to Baja California. Staff has been super helpful end nice to me (needed to arrange my flight from Los Mochis to La Paz). Rooms are spacious and clean. Breakfast is excellent and at a reasonable price.
I definitely recommend it

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank Andreadica
ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2008

This hotel is a rip off. On march 5th i stayed over night and left the next day as was planned. Make sure u see the bill u sign and make them put in a total for the night. I left the next day early in the morning. I signed a check out slip at the desk saying I was leaving in the morning march 6th. The next month when my visa card came in they had charged me for 2 nights. I called the hotel and the manager said they didnt know i checked out till the 7th of march.I told him that my check out slip said march 6th. I called best western headquarters and they did absolutely nothing saying they coulnt get in the middle of a dispute between me and the manager. I called visa and they could do nothing. I will not stay at any best western hotels again. When in mexico paying with visa or master card make sure u see the total of the bill before you sign it.

1 Thank metrojoe