“This is my idea of camping!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Killarney Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Algonquin Park
Killarney Lodge
3.0 of 5 Lodge   |   Lake of Two Rivers | Hwy. 60 at Km 33, Algonquin Park, Ontario P1H 2G9, Canada   |
“This is my idea of camping!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011 via mobile

My husband and I spent one night at the lodge.
The staff were all friendly and helpful.
We enjoyed our stay , however I think a screened in porch would be a major plus to the cabin.
As there are no tv 's in the cabin, it would be nice to sit on the balcony and enjoy the quiet, peaceful surroundings. We were unable to sit out as we would be eaten alive by the Mosquitos .
We had cabin 11 which was quiet. However I can see where truck and car noises are easily heard from cabins facing the road.!
I am a very light sleeper and heard no noise other than thunderstorms.
I would return.

• Stayed July 2011

112 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Guelph
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

This was our third trip to Killarney and hopefully it won't be the last. The three square meals a day are superb. The staff are knowledgeable of the area and all are helpful. The beds are very comfortable and cozy and warm with plenty of pillows and extra blankets.Sleep with the windows open and you'll be able to hear the loons and if you're lucky enough, the wolves. We did. Breathe slow and deep and enjoy the Killarney experience and the Ontario North lands and leave your cell phone at home. Enjoy!

Elaine and Steve

Room Tip: The staff at the front desk will be able to assist you.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

The food here is marvellous - unfortunately you are pretty much guaranteed to put on weight. Service is warm and friendly. The cabins are small and clean and they are certainly atmospheric. We looked out our window onto the Lake of Two Rivers, our own canoe by the waterside. We saw lots of interesting birds (especially the beautiful hummingbirds) and mammals around. You can feed the tame chipmunks by hand which is fun. My only let down was the noise from the highway. I expected to feel isolated but I did not, except perhaps at night. I think the cabins facing the main lake are quieter and certainly don't have any view of the road. No TV or wi-fi makes for a nice change of pace! As does a paddle in your own canoe on the lake.

Room Tip: Main lake view if you can but more expensive.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

We recently stayed at the Killarney Lodge with relatives from Germany for the "Canadian Experience". It was everything we expected - great accommodation (our cabin deck was at the water's edge), great Group of Seven scenery, great food, and wonderful friendly staff. We hiked, we canoed, and we saw an abundance of wildlife - moose, deer, loons, and turtles. A fantastic vacation spot!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

Cabins beautifully maintained, spacious, warm, balconies overlooking the lake, canoes with each cabin, very comfortable beds
Meals included in price - huge portions and home-cooked. Also always free tea and coffee and cookies.
Delightful lounge with wildlife books, papers and magazines, log fire
Lots of wildlife around - hummingbirds, chipmunks, red squirrels, moose on road
Bring your own alcohol

Room Tip: Ask for one furthest from main road facing East
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Stirling, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2011

This was our second time at the lodge. The wonderful grounds, quaint accomodations, tasty meals and best of all the company.

Eric and Poppy and their entire staff go out of their way to accomodate every need and want.

The rooms are individual cottages with their own deck, dock and canoe.

The meals are fantastic home cooked meals all to die for. And the deserts are so yummy.

If you are looking for a peacful, restful experience, Killarney Lodge is the place to stay in the park.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2010

Now the cold winter evenings are here, I think back with warmth to my one and only break in a busy summer. My work had kept me in the city with only business calls and a couple of weddings as excursions. By late summer I really needed a break - not a long holiday with the complexities of planning, airports and passports - but a quiet pause, a change from the pace I'd been running at. What better, I thought, than some peace and quite in the wilderness of Algonquin Park. As my camping days are probably all behind me now, I sort out more comfortable options!

I had travelled through the park on several occasions and noted that there were just three Lodges actually inside the Park, in fact I had dined at two of them and checked out the ambiance and accommodations there some years before. Instead, after looking at their website, I thought I would book in at Killarney Lodge for two nights.
I arrived around mid afternoon already thinking this was a good idea as the drive to the Lodge was relaxing and the first splashes of brilliant Fall colours showed off that impressive landscape.

I was warmly welcomed and took a cabin on the lake side of the little peninsular and set out to look around the property. My first impressions were of a charming, casually placed log cabins scattered around the larger than expected property. The main building, a solid log structure housing reception and cosy dining room dated from the 1930s and other structures and guest cabins dated from that time on, though maintaining the same look and feel and all painted in the surprisingly appropriate black wood stain with red trim. I did look at different configurations in a couple of other cabins, but settled on the one recommended. The cabin was a good size with a cosy sitting area, an enormous (and comfortable) bed, a well appointed bathroom and… a spectacular view from the windows, side door and spacious deck where I would spend several hours over the following days. I didn't expect - or want - an overly luxurious suite with TV, radio, minibar, telephone and "Do Not Disturb" sign. I had come to enjoy the wilderness, not be isolated form it! In any case the only sounds that might 'disturb' me would be from the wildlife - and loons can't read. Instead I found canoe paddles, a life jacket, some eclectic pictures and good bed sheets in a spotless and shiny cabin.

Items from the menu, hearty or light, were excellent - cooked well and nicely presented. After a day or two of fresh air, exercise and deep sleep, my appetite was almost a match for such generous portions.
Using the complimentary pass, I did some gentle exploring of the Park, the Visitor Centre, a couple of hikes with spectacular views, spotted moose, a dawn and a sunset paddle on the lake, read a little, napped a little, bought a couple of items from the Lodge gallery.

I also stayed an extra night!

I might point to the facilities, the comfort or the outright charming and friendly service, the owners - Eric's mine of enthusiastic information and Poppy's warmth and good humour. I might say it was the beautiful Algonquin Park, the wildlife, the still and starry nights… What I think I found on the trip was peace and quiet - MY peace and quiet and that's what I brought home with me.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo

Been to Killarney Lodge? Share your experiences!