“Our 7th visit...still wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Arowhon Pines

You added Arowhon Pines to your Saves list
Arowhon Pines
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   North on Arowhon Road to end from Hwy 60 at km 15.4 | Box 10001, Algonquin Park, Ontario P1H 2G5, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Algonquin Park
Certificate of Excellence 2014
The World
“Our 7th visit...still wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We started going here in 1996 and love it. It is VERY secluded, quiet, serene and peaceful. The food is outstanding, and there's lots to do (or you can do nothing, if you prefer). I commented to someone before going there that it is so wonderful a location that I would even be happy if it rained the whole time (it didn't).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Arowhon is the perfect combination of laid back, but so very comfortable you won't want for anything more. Theresa, the Manager and David, their head cook made my wedding weekend much more of a breeze than it should have been. Despite some rainy weather and months of planning from afar, they made us and all of our guests feel so at home. The surroundings speak for themselves. The food was great as well - fresh, healthy and very yum!

I would say that it's just what you want if you're looking for comfort in some amazing wilderness surroundings. This is my second stay and I'm already planning for another stay hopefully in the next few years!

Room Tip: If you don't mind paying extra, the private cabins are well worth it!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Huntsville, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I am a Marriage Officiant and Arowhon is one of my fav. spots. The staff are willing to go above and beyond the call of duty. They make every bride and groom and guests feel so special. I've heard nothing but high praise from the couples about all the wonderful things including service, rooms and food. I would like to stay there myself next summer even if I live in Huntsville. Right in the heart of Algonquin Park. Very special and romantic place.
ellen

Room Tip: I am a wedding officiant and having done many weddings at Arowhon, I can honestly say, the staff are...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

If you come to Arowhon Pines expecting a Hotel experience then you have booked the wrong experience....this is an experience of a completely different type.
This is the second visit in 5 years for me and my wife and nothing is different from the welcome luggage service (called for in the car par via a telephone in a box....and serviced by golf buggy) to the packed lunches allowing you to search out all the best parts of the Algonquin National Park.
The management and staff are excellent and deserve all the praise for delivering such a great time and just driving off Highway 60 the 7km makes you feel special until the moment you round the last bend into the car park.
Some reviews suggest poor value when the reviewers have stopped for lunch or dinner....actually you need to stay here to make the meals part of the event.
On one evening it was roast beef and Yorkshire puddings......tasting out of this world and supported by a chocolate cup cake as my wife and I are celebrating out 25th wedding and 50th birthday anniversaries.
The packed lunches were another treat with the only challenge being selecting which venue and beautiful view to stop at and eat.
Activities....many or just sit back and listen to the local animal noises from dawn to dusk to dawn.
The rooms....basic but then you don't book Arowhon Pines if you want 5 star hotel rooms.
It's tranquil with no mobile phones, blackberrys, tv, radio or any modern invasion into our lives....and yes, I use these every day normally so it comes as a great break.
The downside....it has to end and I hope it's not another 5 years until the next visit but then I do live on the other side of the pond.
Thanks Arowhon Pines and don't change.....my only request is maybe to visit mid winter when the snow is around 30ft deep or maybe not!

Room Tip: They are all of a similar standard....just get one by the lake.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

An idyllic multi-generation family resort, simple but well outfitted units or single cabins with a five star restaurant, equipment to satisfy all the members of our family -- canoes, kayaks, badminton, pingpong, chess boards, a tv (for the Olympics and occasional films), swimming in the pristine, beautiful lake. And nature. What a gorgeous place. You can bring books and just read, you can plan an all-family (4 canoes and 9 people from age 4 to 7s) day trip with a realistic and amazing wildlife, nature, experience. We wouldn;t change a thing, even intermittent rain bothered us not at all. It's such a beautiful setting, such a peaceful but many-faceted place. The restaurant bent over backward to supply meals for us - one needed gluten free, one wanted marathon-training protein, the rest of us simply loved the varied, imaginative cuisine prepared to highest standards. What a wonderful 5 days.

Room Tip: Forest Edge is a single cabin with separate area for "bedroom" v. "living room."...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Buffalo, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We ended up choosing Arowhon for its location in Algonquin Park and its food options. The resort did not disappoint. A member of my party was gluten-free and the staff paid very close attention to providing options for her. They even brought out Gluten free muffins and rolls.

The resort was the perfect size, we did not fee crowded at all. After our second meal, they staff knew us by name, and remembered us. The high level of personal service very much added to the enjoyment of the trip.

We also enjoyed the kayaks and canoes which are available for no additional charge. The lakes are beautiful. Gorgeous trails are only a few steps away from your cabin.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

This wonderful, well established resort does not disappoint. it is truly a nature's lovers paradise. We shut off the phones (there is no cell reception) and spent three days enjoying the beautiful setting, reading, sleeping and yes, eating. The food is first class. All three meals are enjoyed in the picturesque setting of the large dining hall. There is no bad table. They were very attentive to my food allergies and went out of their way to make sure I was selecting the right foods. I give high praise for such exceptional service. Arowhon brings all ages. I cannot say enough good things, except that we booked again for Thanksgiving!
There are very few places that can deliver what Arowhon does so well. I think the combination of great service, superior cuisine and the backdrop of Algonquin park make this the perfect getaway.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Arowhon Pines? Share your experiences!