“A Memory to treasure” 5 of 5 stars

+(1)705-783-7566
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Wilderness adventure day trips into the Algonquin Park interior. Guided canoe, hike, bike, ski, snowshoe and photo day tour adventures for the whole family.
Montreal, Qc. Canada
“A Memory to treasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

My wife and I are in our 80,s and were looking for someone to help us explore Algonquin Park. We really lucked out. This company was amazing. The owner, Stuart Letovsky,took us out on a private motorized canoe day tour. Even though the day started out cool, Stuart had advised us to wear layers of clothing so that we could remove a layer a the day warmed. Considering our ages and slight physical limitations, Stuart helped us in and out of the canoe when we stopped for a very satisfying picnic lunch with fresh bread, a great view, some enjoyable sounds of nature and many laughs. When the water was too shallow for the motor Stuart did all the paddling. We learned some interesting history about the area from Stuart.
The whole experience was magical and the type of connection with lakes and nature that we have missed for years.
We really appreciated the patience and care that Stuart showed towards us. This VIP tour was worth every penny. We can highly recommend Algonquin Adventure Tours.

Visited September 2013

London, England, United Kingdom
“AMAZING experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

A bunch of UK based (London and Brum) friends wanted to have a true experience of the famous woodland aspect of Canada including animal interaction and these guys did not disappoint!!!
The equipment and experience were second to none. Building fires, hiking, canoeing: in the sun/rain and an awesome midnight canoe as well as swimming and mini cliff jumping!
The guide (Alec) was very very knowledgeable in all things Canada and nature :) and extremely good fun, it was like having another member of the group.
A MUST for anyone visiting Ontario!

Thanks a lot guys for a truly amazing experience! x

Toronto, Canada
“Amazing 1st canoe-camping trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

For a first canoe-camping trip, I must say it was a great experience!
Right from the start, I felt confident and excited about this trip. Stuart (the owner of the company) is responsive to any questions or concerns you may have before (booking) the trip.
The logistics is taken care of in a great manner: the material and the food is provided (btw the food is delicious and it is far from being basic camping meals), plus the guide was friendly and knowledgeable about the area we were camping. The guide was telling us about the history of the area we were paddling through, as well as telling us the main facts about the local wildlife.

You don't need to be a hardcore outdoorsy person to do this trip. As long as you are curious to learn about paddling, camping life and wildlife then you will have a blast! My group was lucky enough to have seen moose and beavers!

Toronto, Canada
“Awesome.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We booked a day trip which totally exceeded our expectations. The directions were simple and clear, the meeting point easy to find and Stuart and his staff were easily indentifiable, which was good as Canoe Lake on a Monday morning is quite busy.
We canoed to a beautiful lunch spot, had a break then continued with our adventure down waterways and creeks hoping to see wildlife; we saw a massive (40-50yrs old) snapping turtle, and had the opportunity to swim in a natural pool. The peace, quiet and totally unspoilt environment was magical. Stuarts knowledge of the Park was great, and his passion and enthusiam was amazing and catching.
This trip was the highlight of the summer for me and my two children.
We hope to book for the 3 or 4 night adventure next summer.

Ballarat, Australia
6 attraction reviews
“Amazing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I did a 3 day, 2 night trip with Algonquin Adventure Tours, and it was really wonderful.

For starters, the location is super easy to get too from Toronto, even if you are travelling car free as I was, with the Parkbus that drops you at Canoe Lake. Canoe Lake is a pretty busy spot, however don't let it put you off, as you are pretty soon away from all the people as you canoe through what is a truly stunning park.

I found the amount of canoeing we did each day spot on, with about 3.5 hrs on the first and third day, and 3 hours on the second day. Enough that I felt like I had gotten some exercise and covered some distance, but not too much that I was over tired.

The food was really nice, and was spot on for a camping trip. It was all pretty healthy stuff which was great.

And finally, the company also offers a shuttle service for an extra fee in their mini van to Huntsville. Super helpful when you don't have a car.

I definitely recommend this company. Their equipment is all really great, and I appreciated that there was no additional fee for a sleeping bag or pad.

I could go on and on about how beautiful Algonquin Park is, but for information on that, you can just have a look at all the people that have said it before in the attractions section!