“Site Warden Spoiled the Trip” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Rock Lake Campground

Rock Lake Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Algonquin Park
Rock Lake Campground
You added Rock Lake Campground to your Saves list
8 km South of km 40.3 on Highway 60 | Rock Lake Road, Algonquin Park, Ontario, Canada   |
Toronto, Canada
“Site Warden Spoiled the Trip”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My family and 5 other families went to Rock Lake camp site from July 18th to July 21st, 2013.

At 9 o'clock the camp site warden came and said the children are noisy. The families had children between the age of 1 to 10. Because of the warden we couldn't let our children play in the camp site and restrict their fun time.

Then by 10 o'clock we were told that we need to pack up and sleep because others are sleeping. We work hard all year and went to the camp site to have some fun and give jungle like feeling to our children. But the site warden wanted the sites to be quieter than a classroom.

Also, the warden threatened us many times that she would give a ticket if we don't listen to her. She was very rude and I was surprised a group of family oriented people with little children were treated like this.

On the 19th of July, we had a severe thunderstorm from the morning till 4.00 pm, so started cooking late. The warden yelled at us for cooking late. When I went to this camp site, I never knew there these kind of restrictions.

My fellow campers, if you want to go for camping, don't even consider Algonquin park Rock Lake site.

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Brantford, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2007

21 years ago I spent an unforgettable two weeks at Rock Lake with my family and friends. Now that I've grown up and have a family of my own, I decided to lead them to Rock Lake to recapture some of those memories. As much as I feared that I would face disappointment, I was pleasantly surprised. After all those years, nothing has changed. Rock Lake is beautiful, clean and fun. Our camping space was private, spacious and right on the waterfront. We canoed directly out of our spot and spent time visiting nearby islands for swimming, picnicing and fishing. The Rock hiking trail is challenging yet offers breathtaking views of the lake.

Some advice:
Book at campground "B"...much quieter than "A"
Book your spot 6 months in advance if possible.
Beware of racoons. They can open zippers of tents and open breadboxes.

Been to Rock Lake Campground? Share your experiences!