“Whooohoooo . BRILLIANT.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Plockton
Cuisines: Seafood, Scottish
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast, Coffee & Tea, Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Wales
“Whooohoooo . BRILLIANT.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Had two meals here, a Lunch and an evening meal. Attitude of all the staff was delightful. The food excellent and the paintings on the wall super. BIG RECOMMEND.

Visited June 2013

Horsham, United Kingdom
“Probably the best in the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Have given it five stars because it is probably the best restaurant in the area.Food was excellent and good value for money, but they really should get a personality transfer for the young lad that greets you. This minor issue aside well worth the trip out to this picturesque village.

Visited June 2013
Evanton, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Sunday Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Visited today for Sunday lunch having very importantly it seems booked our table. I plumped for the Lamb on Stornoway black pudding on a bed of mash and my wife had the Cod. We both loved our dishes which were cooked to perfection. Vegetables were refreshingly well cooked and portion sizes and prices were reasonable. Service was with a smile and very professional and my only gripe would be that there are too many tables for the size of restaurant. It reminded me of London restaurants. Liked the decor as it has a modern and clean feel to it and the paintings are in keeping with the area. When it comes to food and service I am definately hard to please but I can honestly say that I can heartily recommend this restaurant without hesitation and will definitely be back.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“The Cullen Skink is a little creamy but a worthy dish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We had lunch here and adored the food! I clicked 'no' to the "best meals in a restaurant" button but this is not a five star place but it is really good, tasty food that I enjoyed.

The place was packed - even mid-week and so the service was a little slow but homely acceptable. I hadn't had Cullen Skink before and I loved it. So much so that I will try to get their recipe and make it at home.

I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Wide choice of excellent food with efficient and pleasant service. But, we were here for one thing only - the skink - a thick and creamy Scottish soup made with smoked haddock. The Plockton Shores serves the best we have ever tasted. We ate here a few years ago and decided that should we find ourselves in the area again, we would certainly come back...and we did. Haggis, fish cakes and fish and chips also good. There was also a wonderful selection of cakes...perhaps afternoon tea another time. Plockton itself is charming and combined with a walk to Duncraig castle (approx 4 mile loop), a delightful day was had by all

• Visited May 2013