“great restaurant, food and service” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Iolaire Road, Lochinver IV27 4LU, Scotland   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lochinver
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“great restaurant, food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I know I payed more than the average but it was worth it for the fantastic views over the bay at sunset (you should leave the table and go outside though one of the glass doors - many do)

Service was easy and attentive, and not intrusive. I was allowed to eat in peace with no sense of any urgency. I thought I spied Albert Roux at a far table but must have been mistaken

I didn't stay having booked at a local B&B. They welcomed me back (and I probably will return!)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
inverlodge, General Manager at Inver Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
First thank you very much for writing your review of your visit to Chez Roux and I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your experience. You may well have seen Albert Roux as he is a frequent visitor to his restaurant. I hope that we can welcome you back next time you are in the Lochinver area. Kind regards, Nicholas Gorton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Clackmannan, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Having read the previous reports my expectations for the hotel were extremely high and have to say I wasn't disappointed. As you drive up the hill to the hotel you realise you are about to enter a very special place indeed. The views were awesome, from Suilven in the backdrop to the harbour and Atlantic beyond the natural beauty and location were stunning. The hotel itself was friendly and welcoming with a real hunting lodge feel. Our dinner in Chez Roux was everything I hoped it would be, from the appetizer and G&T in the bar to choices on the menu a 10/10. We retired to the lounge where the fire was glowing and ordered a Jura to soak up the food and atmosphere! A great evening, however, I may be a little picky but do prefer to have my Whiskey in a crystal glass, maybe next visit!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
inverlodge, General Manager at Inver Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay and Inver Lodge, I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed it and promise to have a crystal glass for you to enjoy your whisky on your next visit which I hope will be before too long. Kind regards, Nicholas Gorton
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

We travelled with another couple. Some hotels,B&B and guest houses had been less than expected, most had exceeded our expectations. On this trip Inver Lodge was our 7th hotel/B&B /guesthouse stay
Inver lodge was by far the best.
Rooms were spacious and well appointed each having a view.
The lobby and guest areas were ideal for lounging and reading books provided by the hotel.it had rained ,we had wet shoes ,a staff member stoked up a fire to dry our shoes.
The Restuarant staff were exceptional as were the meals. It makes a real difference having well trained staff who remember the guests and their likes.
The whole experience was terrific especially as we only chose this hotel because we couldn't get in to another in another town . Having visited that town and that hotel we were extremely happy with this choice.
Of all things remembered , it was the staff. No one person but all staff we dealt that made our stay very memorable.
We should have stayed longer .
Couldn't fault this hotel.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
inverlodge, General Manager at Inver Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you very much for your appreciated review. I am delighted that you enjoyed not only our facilities and rooms but we were able to make your stay a memorable one. I hope that next time you plan to visit the Highlands that we can welcome you back for a longer stay. Kind regards,
Nicholas Gorton
Kilmaurs, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Spent the evenings of 27th and 28th July at the Inver Lodge Hotel. All the staff were excellent, looking after you at all times without being overbearing. The décor and comfort of the hotel superb. Food quality first class. Views from the rooms stunning. Would we go back.....most definitely.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your review which is much appreciated by all the team, I am delighted that you enjoyed your 2 night stay at Inver Lodge and I hope that we can welcome you back before too long. Kind regards, Nicholas Gorton.
scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We dropped in for a bar lunch a little nervous that with the Roux involvement the prices might be a little steep for us, but we needn't have worried. The prices for the bar meals were on a par with others in the area, the menu had something for everyone, and the quality was superb. Truly delicious. Even the tea and coffee were notably generous and good.The bar was more or less empty, which somewhat affected the atmosphere, but undeservedly so in our opinion.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
inverlodge, General Manager at Inver Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your Bar Meal experience which is much appreciated. I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your food and I hope that it will encourage others to come and try the Inver Lodge for bar food served from 12noon until 6pm daily.
I hope that we can welcome you back next time you are in the area.
Kind regards, Nicholas Gorton
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

My wife and I stopped overnight in July 2013. The hotel from the outside is unattractive and totally lacking in character. Inside, however, it is a different story. Our bedroom was simply magnificient and we also saw the Iolaire Suite which was truly incredible [as was the price!]. The only drawback to our room was the fact that instead of a safe deposit facility in the room the guest is asked to put valuables in a plastic bag and take them to Reception – which seems very outdated for a hotel of this quality and hardly convenient.

The food at dinner was lovely and the service was excellent.

On checking out I queried a ‘discretionary service charge’ of £23 which had not previously been mentioned but had been added to my bill. The hotel offered to remove it, but I left it on the assumption it would go to the staff as a gratuity, only to subsequently find that I was additionally being invited to add a gratuity to the credit card payment. It reinforced my view that in future I will put cash in the hands of those who have provided outstanding service. In fairness to the hotel they refunded the service charge immediately and without argument.

I would without hesitation recommend Inver Lodge. It has a lovely setting with glorious views and both breakfast and dinner are first rate.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
inverlodge, General Manager at Inver Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at Inver Lodge and I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed the food and service.
I will certainly pass your comment on regarding the possibility of an in-room safe.
Regarding the service charge, it does go to the staff, the reason that there is a gratuity facility on the credit card slip is that many guests request to leave more than the 10% added and this is where they can add more at the time of check-out. I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel before too long. Kind regards, Nicholas Gorton
northumberland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We ate here at the beginning of July and had a fantastic meal. The atmosphere is formal but not so much that you feel uncomfortable and staff were very friendly and efficient. It was definitely a birthday treat worth waiting for.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
inverlodge, General Manager at Inver Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your dining experience for your birthday treat. I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your meal and found the service to be friendly and efficient. I hope that on your next visit to Lochinver that we can welcome you back. Kind regards, Nicholas Gorton

Been to Inver Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!