“Lovely B&B, well placed and very friendly” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Airlie House Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Strathyre
Airlie House Bed and Breakfast
Main Street, Strathyre, Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park FK18 8NA, Scotland   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Strathyre B&B and Inns
York
“Lovely B&B, well placed and very friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

My partner and I stayed in Airlie house as it was well placed to explore the Trossachs and the pictures looked very nice. The pictures had not lied! We were immediately impresse with the room, the bathroom, and the house itself, all of which was modern and fresh but not in the way that can make a place lose it's charm.

Jackie was very friendly and helpful, giving us directions and walking route suggestions, and making us feel right at home, and what a place to come "home" to after an exhausting walk through the Trossachs! Breakfast was lovely too, we would definately stay again if we head back to the area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Abergavenny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

I appeared one evening on the doorstep, slightly grubby after a day on the hills, unshaven, on my own and rather desperate for somewhere to stay, having been turned away at a number of B+Bs on the road from Loch Lomond. But at Airlie House, my faith in Scottish hospitality was restored...in full! What a welcome, and what a house. For a lot less than the going rate for luxury B+B, I was given a magnificent double room with every possible facility. My wife (who sadly was not with me to experience the pleasures of Airlie) awards points to B+Bs based solely on the quality of the tea and coffee provided in the room. She gives maximum points if the hosts provide fresh milk rather than these dreadful cartons of artificial cream. After a scorching hot day climbing the Cobbler at Loch Lomond, I was gasping for a cup of tea - and supplied with lashings of ice-cold milk, downed 4 cups in as many minutes. I don't normally rate bathroom experiences, but the luxury and attention to detail in the ensuite was a pleasure for a muscle-weary walker. But best of all (and here I am extremely fussy owing to a chronic back problem), the bed was perhaps the most comfortable I've ever slept in. Going down for breakfast the following morning, expectations were now extremely high - and they were met in full.
So in conclusion, Airlie House is certainly up there with the best B+B I've stayed in in Scotland. Friendly, extremely comfortable, quiet - the perfect place to refuel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Aberdeen
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

We spent some time finding a good B&B from which to explore Loch Lomond and the Trossachs and chose Airlie because of it's central but quiet location and the size of the bedrooms.

When we arrived, our first impressions were good - there is ample parking, the room was large, bright and airy, and the bed was very comfy. However, we found the shower a little weak and the TV was initially tricky to operate.

Our hosts were polite and friendly but we felt our other guests received more help and advice, and a few too many of our belongings had been rearranged when we returned in the evening which we felt was a little unnecessary.

Also, compared to the quality of the bed, the breakfast was disappointing - there weren't many alternatives to a cooked breakfast, and the quality of the food was a little lacking.

All in all, it's an OK B&B - especially for the price - in a good location, but certain aspects could be better.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

After a 10 mile hike I luxuriated in a beautiful deep, stylish bath. I loved the slate floor in the spacious bathroom. The bed was extremely comfortable and the view to the front was lovely. The best B&B I stayed on during walking the Rob Roy Way. I would definitely stay there again. Jackie was very welcoming.

Room Tip: I think the room was named after Loch Doine
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2011

My hubby, 2 westies and myself had a lovely stay at this b&b. The room was a great size and very, very clean. The westies were made most welcome and nothing was a problem. Had a lovely meal in the Strathyre Inn & Bistro where the dogs were also welcome in the bar. Had a drink in the pub next door which is a bit tired looking but the people are very nice who run it. Will definitely be back again

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

Great location for travelling around trossachs and perthshire .Beautiful clean room and house,comfy beds,much better than some hotels I've been in. Friendly pub next door and Strathyre Inn good for food .Jackie and Ray very friendly and accomodating, nice breakfast. If I had to say anything on the downside, I feel 4 o'clock arrival time is a bit late, especially when no guests are in, but it wouldn't put me off going .We intend to visit in early spring again

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2010

My wife and I had the great pleasure to spend one night at ‘Airlie House’, Strathyre, Scotland. We were extremely impressed with many aspects of this B&B, in particular, the friendliness of the owners, Jackie and Ray, who made it seem like nothing was too much trouble. They went out of their way to make us feel at home and highlighted many of the natural and historic attractions in this area.

Our room was; spacious, well appointed and immaculately clean with a very comfortable bed. Our breakfast was served in a most delightful room with no meal request being too much trouble.

We commend Jackie and Ray’s B&B to anyone who is travelling through this lovely part of the countryside or to those who wish to escape for a while. Unfortunately, having only one day, we were able to merely scratch the surface of Strathyre. This is the second time we have stayed at Arlie House and if we are fortunate enough to be in this picturesque part of the world, we will certainly be staying with Jackie and Ray again.

Thank you Jackie and Ray.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Airlie House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!