“Great Staff, amazing location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Econo Lodge Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   101 Island Hwy, Esquimalt, British Columbia V9B 1E8, Canada (Formerly Comfort Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Esquimalt
Victoria, Canada
“Great Staff, amazing location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

I had relatives visiting, spent the night with them at the Comfort Inn & Suite. Great spot !!! We had one of the waterfront cabins. Love the location and the free breakfast !!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

58 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

We decided to take a weekend trip to Victoria...this hotel was chosen because of other good experiences we have had at other hotels of this chain. What a disappointment...check in was okay, no stellar customer service here. Upon inspection of our room we found disgusting white, crusty stains and grease stains on the bedspread which were very visible to the naked eye...in the bathroom there was hair in the sink and the bathtub was very stained, not to mention the carpets...my kid's socks were a nice shade of charcoal grey after walking on them. I complained to the front desk and was told to toss the bedspread in the corner and use the blanket in the closet...we were not offered another room and no one arrived to clean up the filth. I was dismissed by the front desk because another couple came in asking for a room. Being a mom, I carry some sort of cleaning supplies with me so I cleaned the bathroom myself. I have since sent a complaint to the parent company but nothing has come of it yet.

There were 2 small positives to our stay. The pool was great...it was the cleanest part of the whole hotel. The continental breakfast was also quite nice.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Montana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

The air conditioner was on the frits it squealed during the night due to all the dust clogging it from the road construction adjacent to the motel.. No buisness center we had to pay to get online. access was to the hotel was horriable a very busy intersection. My back hurt from the bed in the morning. The breakfast was one of the worest i have seen at a comfort inn to date... but my wife forgot her black hills gold braclet in the bathroom we called and they found it and after some paperwork will mail it to us...

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
St. Albert, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2009

We are not picky in fact we think we have a low standard, now then, here we go:
The good:
The pool was excellent. It was clean and the person responsible for it should be proud.
The rest:
The room was musty and stinky.
The bath fan sounded like a distressed Harley firing up at 5 am to go to work.
The toilet struggled to flush.
I had a headache upon waking on the first 2 mornings for no reason. I blamed it on the air in the room. Sure enough I had the window open all night on the final night and no headache.
I woke up with no headache to find my van broken into. These fine people of Victoria took my GPS, MP3, FM transmitter and some other stuff. This to me is a reflection of the location and the lack of responsibility of the staff and management in trying to deal with their crime problem.

Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
South England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2009

We stayed for 2 nights, (saturday & sunday). it was ideally situated for us as we intended to visit Buchart gardens & Victoria, without wanting to stay in the centre. The breakfast was a good selection and a reasonable sized dining area with a outside eating area as well, in comparison with other Comfort inns we have stayed in. The room (1st floor in main block) was roomy and comfortable, it also had kitchen facilities and over looked the cabins and lake.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2009

I whole heartedly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a combination of fabulous service, beautiful scenery, and comfort.

We had the pleasure of staying in both a waterfront cabin as well as a standard room. We were fully satisfied with both as they both were clean, comfortable, and quite.

When we checked in, we were promptly greeted by two young men. I believe their names were Ricky (manager) and the other was Brandon. Both were friendly, professional and efficient. They explained the features of the hotel as well as recommendations for tourist attractions and close by restaurants.

The pool was excellent as it overlooked the Gorge Waterway and towels were located on the pool deck for our convenience.

When we checked out, we had the pleasure of dealing with a man named Paul. Similar to the two who checked us in, he was very friendly and efficient. This further displayed the brilliant service at this hotel. VERY impressive

This hotel most certainty exceeded our expectations and we will be looking to book another stay with them shortly.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Victoria, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2008

I had my entire wedding party stay at the hotel and the experience was better than I could have hoped for! The rates for a large group were sooo reasonable and they even gave me and my husband a complimentery CABIN! Staff was extremely helpful and the Manager (Ricky I think is his name) was so accomodating in every way. I would definately recommend this spot for anyone interested in spending the night, the weekend, or even a month or two (i found out they have monthly rates).

• Liked — Location, ambience and helpfulness of the staff
  • Disliked — kind of dreary looking
  • Stayed October 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!