“Great Villa!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Gonatouki

Save Saved
You added Villa Gonatouki to your Saves list
Villa Gonatouki
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Km 8 Route d'Agadir | El Ghazoua, 44000, Ghazoua, Essaouira, Morocco   |
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Ghazoua
Hong Kong, China
“Great Villa!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My wife and I loved everything about the Gonatouki villa. The design of the villa is astonishing. The view is breathtaking. There are 2 swimming pools in case one was not enough.
Location is very convenient as it is less than 10 minutes from the downtown of Essaouira.
We will definitely stay again in Gonatouki if we go back to Essaouira. It is actually a great venue if you travel with several friends.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Bruno E, Propriétaire at Villa Gonatouki, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Thank you very much for the "Great Villa!!!" We are so happy when guests love it. And one of the swimming pool (the one to swimm) should be heated in September. It will be interesting for the next winter.

280 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

This is a wonderful, wonderful place. It is a spectacular property with beautiful rooms and an amazing outlook. My wife and I stayed 3 nights in May and we hardly wanted to leave the house because it was so good. First, I must mention the customer service. Bruno is such a charming host and does everything he can to make sure you have a wonderful time. His team are very attentive and courteous. Whether you want to stay in for a beautiful meal or feel like a drink in the afternoon, nothing is too difficult. The rooms are spectacular. The bath in particular was one of the best we've ever had in a hotel. Finally, it is great value for money, including food & drinks. We cannot wait to come back! Thank you Bruno - we hope the wedding went well and we'll see you soon. Ben & Amy

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Ben and Amy. You'll be always welcome! And I'm sure we'll come to see you if we go to Australia with Brigitte. Yes, the wedding was fantastic. And next year it will be my daughter!
I'm happy you appreciate this place and we love to share it with guests like you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Gonatuki is such an amazing place ! Lets first talk about the location, you might be worrying at first as the mansion is located at the end of a very 'traditional' and desert road. But the little trip (5mn from the main road) is definitly worth it ! The view and panorama cant be compared to anything else in the area, 360 degrees view over ocean, dunes, hills, and other secluded land. the mansion is located on top of the hill, from what I understood one of the highest spot of essaouira !
The mansion is very secluded, therefore no noise or light pollution whatsoever !! We had 3 perfect nights, living in HK, we really appreciated it !
The mansion itself is very nicely decorated, it is simple and everything is dedicated to comfort and well being. We had a 'luxe' bedroom located on the first floor, very comfortable bed, good lighting, very nice bathroom and separated toilet !
To finish, facilities are great with two beautiful swimming pools, a charming spa with outstanding massage (suprisingly professional and relaxing- go for argan oil !), and a great hammam steam room.
Last but not least, Mr Bruno, the owner of the place, was very welcoming and helpful during our stay. We cant thank him enough for all the good advice that made our stay unforgettable !!

We definitly recommend it to anyone willing to have a relaxing and traditional stay in essaouira.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Beth, thank you very much for your review. It was such a pleasure to accommodate you with Mike and Alba and to "mix" you with other guests. We'll stay in touch because I haven't forget your human mission, and I want to do something with you on the spot. The team makes a lot of kisses for Alba!
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

We had an amazing 4 nights with Bruno and team with our ten month old daughter in April. The villa was so peaceful and the huge main rooms were a great place for a wee one to explore. Bruno makes this place feel like you are staying in his home and nothing is a problem. We asked for a room change (due to low ceilings and steps, not so good for crawling babies) and it was swiftly sorted out with minimum fuss. If staying don't bother going out to eat. We didn't eat anywhere better in two weeks in morrocco, in fact the conga tagine was one of the tastiest meals I have ever eaten. The three course meals were amazing and we loved the dining arrangements, twice asking other guests to join us for dinner. The staff were all great and wouldn't walk past without saying hello and kissing our daughter.

Bruno we hope the wedding goes well and thanks for making such a memorable stay for us all.

M,B&A

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

My husband and I had an amazing time here. Bruno is lovely and you will feel very welcome at the villa.

Amazing baths in the rooms that we had and all the rooms are spacious and comfortable. The villa is big, so much space to relax. You can meet other people that are staying or be private. All the people that we met were lovely.

The staff are like a family and are all really great.

The location is quiet and secluded. The only thing I will change next time is that we will hire a car. Bruno and the team are great for lifts, but it would give a bit of freedom to explore at will.

Thank you for a lovely stay. Good luck with the wedding.xx

• Stayed April 2013
Bruno E, Propriétaire at Villa Gonatouki, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
The whole team was really pleased to accommodate you. You're right you met very nice people. In fact the bigest majority of people who come here are very nice. Everybody is positive, then it's easy for us to be positive too. You told me that Bristol is better than London. So next time I come I will go to see you and Bristol too!
Pfäffikon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

It is difficult to express in words what an amazing hotel the Villa Gonatouki was.

The owner and staff of the hotel make you feel like at home, but unlike home there is nothing you have to do whilst you are there.

We go traveling many times a year and it is therefore hard for a hotel to surprise us positively. However, this hotel totally exceeded our expectations.

We can highly recommend this hotel and we hope we will be able to return soon.

Thank you Bruno and your staff for the superb time!

Simon&Dominik

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you very much Simon. We were so pleased to meet you with Dominik. And I'm very happy because you met Lucie and Emma too. They told me, if one of them go to Zurich, she will call you. One of our objective is that guests met others and stay in touch after. It's done!
Isn't it too difficult to work after your stay? And isn't it too cold. Today we have 29° and the swimming pool is very nice. I stop because I know it's too hard to read this! You'll be always welcome.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I stayed here for two nights with my boyfriend and parents just before Christmas and had such a wonderful stay - my only regret is that we couldn't stay for longer. It's definitely one of those places where you want a day just to relax around the villa. The place itself and the grounds it's on are just beautiful and there is so much attention to detail. Bruno did so much to make to make our stay as happy as possible - from helping to arrange the taxi to bring us from Marrakesh to driving us around to taking us to a local market. I would recommend having dinner there during your stay - the food was delicious. I would love to come back here another time - perhaps when it is warmer so that we can make use of the pool and relaxing outside. Thank you Bruno for such a wonderful stay-it was such a joy to meet you!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Bruno E, Propriétaire at Villa Gonatouki, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you very much for your nice review Lianne. It was a pleasure to accommodate you with your family. I hope to see you again, especially that there will be a new airline between London and Essaouira. Give a kiss from me to your mother, next time you'll phone her and a good shake hand to the men. And a lot of kisses for you too, of course!

Been to Villa Gonatouki? Share your experiences!