Just back from a short 2 night DB&B package and we were highly impressed. The location is absolutely stunning, just a safe distance away from the crowds of the tourist hotspots.
Service was top notch, and what a breath of fresh air, most of the staff were English. We had some trouble with the wifi, and the Manager in fact tried his best to sort it out with only limited success, if you depend on the internet, pass on this hotel as things stand unless you have all the time in the world as it comes and goes.
The hotel buildings are a mix, the Orangery is a huge, magnificent, new conservatory whilst the corridors are more akin to an old peoples home. Our room was a dog friendly lake view room (10), but I think the previous incumbent must have had a pack of dogs in there because it was unpalatably smelly, even for me, a life long dog owner - management please take note! On the subject of dogs, a few more luxury rooms which accept dogs would be welcome, currently there are only 2. The room itself was a large corner room with incredible views across the lake and a side view to the mountains, the bathroom was huge with a great corner bath.
My food was awesome and of a very high level, although my wife struggled with a tough piece of beef rump one night. Breakfasts, avoid the English cooked breakefast, way below par but the smoked salmon alternative (no extra cost) was divine, pastrys were stale and not edible, fresh fruit delicious.
Lawns, grounds and shoreline are simply incredible, the jewel in the crown and golf, putting, crochet are absolutely FREE.
Dont want to sound too negative, we had a great time and cannot wait to return AND the reception staff even gave me a £20 refund for an accidental overcharge, without any prompting whatsoever, very impressed.
- Also Known As:
- Inn On The Lake Hotel
- Inn On The Lake Hotel Glenridding
- Inn On The Lake Ullswater
- Inn On The Lake Glenridding, England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inn on the Lake Hotel ia a 4 star hotel that enjoys one of the most spectacular settings in the Lake District in 15 acres of grounds with lawns sweeping to the shores of Lake Ullswater. The Inn on the Lake is only 12 miles from the M6 motorway and the drive is very dramatic with the road curving around the Lake and the backdrop scenery of the fells. There are 47 en-suite bedrooms, all thoughtfully designed with most rooms having breathtaking views, some looking towards the magnificent Helvellyn mountain range, while the majority look over the ever changing Ullswater. Each room is fully equipped with everything you come to expect in this quality 4 star hotel. For that special occasion upgrade to a superior room or one of the very popular, stunning four-poster bedrooms. From the moment you walk into reception you will find an interior that compliments this fabulous setting. This leads through to the popular Lounge Bar where a warm welcome awaits with large bay windows overlooking the well landscaped gardens, which lead to the hotels jetties on Ullswater. Enjoy a drink any time of the day, a light lunch or afternoon tea in the Lounge or on our Lakeside terrace. The award-winning 2 AA Rosette Lake View Restaurant provides something for all tastes, or for less formal dining The Ramblers Bar, situated within the hotel’s grounds, offers the option to enjoy a pint of real ale. The hotel also has its own outdoor activities including pitch & putt, croquet and children's outdoor play area. Gary and his team at The Inn on the Lake Hotel look forward to welcoming you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Venere, Expedia, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Inn on the Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.