We spent 2 nights this week on a Travelzoo deal which included 3 course dinner. We paid extra for a lake view room. We're glad we did because the view to the lake and gardens was wonderful. The setting for the hotel is what makes this hotel however we felt the overall location, though peaceful, was a bit isolated from the other lakes. The staff were all so polite and nothing was too much trouble. Our criticism is about the food served in the restaurant. On our first evening we both ordered lamb for our main course and mine was so undercooked that blood was pouring from it and my husband's was very pink. I tried to eat some of it but couldn't so we returned it to be cooked further. This was dealt with very well by replacing both meals and new vegetables. On the second evening my husband's steak, although he asked for medium, came back as rare. We appreciate that chefs believe meat should be "cooked" like this but they she respect the guests requests. For these reasons we would not return to this hotel which is a shame because we did love the view, room and staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inn on the Lake Hotel ia a 4 star hotel that enjoys one of the most spectacular settings in the Lake District in 15 acres of grounds with lawns sweeping to the shores of Lake Ullswater. The Inn on the Lake is only 12 miles from the M6 motorway and the drive is very dramatic with the road curving around the Lake and the backdrop scenery of the fells. There are 47 en-suite bedrooms, all thoughtfully designed with most rooms having breathtaking views, some looking towards the magnificent Helvellyn mountain range, while the majority look over the ever changing Ullswater. Each room is fully equipped with everything you come to expect in this quality 4 star hotel. For that special occasion upgrade to a superior room or one of the very popular, stunning four-poster bedrooms. From the moment you walk into reception you will find an interior that compliments this fabulous setting. This leads through to the popular Lounge Bar where a warm welcome awaits with large bay windows overlooking the well landscaped gardens, which lead to the hotels jetties on Ullswater. Enjoy a drink any time of the day, a light lunch or afternoon tea in the Lounge or on our Lakeside terrace. The award-winning 2 AA Rosette Lake View Restaurant provides something for all tastes, or for less formal dining The Ramblers Bar, situated within the hotel’s grounds, offers the option to enjoy a pint of real ale. The hotel also has its own outdoor activities including pitch & putt, croquet and children's outdoor play area. Gary and his team at The Inn on the Lake Hotel look forward to welcoming you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Inn on the Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn On The Lake Hotel Glenridding
- Inn On The Lake Ullswater
- Inn On The Lake Glenridding, England