“some minor glitches but overall very good” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Edinburgh, UK
“some minor glitches but overall very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

This is a relatively small restaurant in the colonial part of the village, managed by its owner Eduardo. the menu is quite extensive for a restaurant of its size and there is a wide selection of meat and fish dishes. Eduardo is very knowledgeable and willing to guide you through the selection but he is not pushy.
We both had two different soups- the soup of the day which was a vegetable soup and the bean soup. Both were excellent and hearty. We both opted for fish: I had the lemon sole which was small and overcooked and my companion had the hake which was excellent. Both were accompanied by grilled vegetables and Canarian potatoes. The selection of deserts changes daily and Eduardo will bring you a selection of what is on offer.
There seems to be a very good choice of wines but no wine list! We reluctantly followed Eduardo's recommendation and were apprehensive about the price of what we eventually got, but we should have not been concerned. The Canarian white wine was excellent and the price fair.
We have most positive impressions from this restaurant. The manager is very competent and knows very well what he is doing. There was an issue with the lemon sole but this is something relatively small in the overall scheme of things. The restaurant was full during the night we visited.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

88% Recommend
Woking, England
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Possibly the best meal we had whilst staying in Garachico, difficult as the standards were so high. Generous portions with interesting interpretations, quality food well presented. A leisurely dinner with good service and like all the restaurants we used in Garachico great value for money.

Visited January 2014
Dublin, Ireland
“Superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Having had an exceptionally good meal on our last visit to Eduardo's lovely restaurant three years ago we had to give it another try on our latest visit to Garachico. We weren't disappointed. In fact the food and service were so good we immediately booked a table for the final night of our holiday. Both meals were excellent, with professional and friendly service as well as great wine recommendations from Eduardo.
Simply superb.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
cheshire
“I wish I could give it 6 out of 5”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I booked on the day and managed to get a table in this charming tiny restaurant where I can honestly say I had one of the most wonderful meals I ever had. It made my soul sing by the end of it. The food is simply done but with fantastic ingredients. My only regret is that as I ate alone, I couldn't really try one of the starters as they are really enough for two. However, my steak was delicious - i was a bit worried about it just turning up without any sauce but it was so juicy and tasty, it was great as it was. It was big but without appetisers, there was room! Eduardo was charming and attentive, ensuring I enjoyed the wine and also his recommended dessert - a chocolate pistachio mousse. I felt very welcome and would love to go back and try more of Eduardo's wonderful food. it is rare that you can feel someone's passion for their food as you will do when you visit this restaurant. My bill was less than the food I had the night before which was nowhere near as nice. Bravo! Muchas gracias.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Great!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Came here on a sunday night. The restaurant was full and there didn't seem to be any room for us but the owner was very helpful and offered to put two tables together for us. Whilst we were sat down many people were turned away without reservations so would definitely recommend you book before coming here! The food was great, huge pieces of meat that were cooked perfectly. The potatoes that come with the mains were really nice too. All in all a fantastic meal, and would recommend it to anyone in the area!