“Worst meal I have had for years:-(” 1 of 5 stars

+34971631206
Improve this listing
Ranked #71 of 110 restaurants in Soller
Cuisines: Pizza, Spanish, Tapas
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Dining on a budget
Description: The Circulo Sollerense Snack-Bar now belongs to the La Vila group. Located in the main square in Sóller, it offers a wide terrace where you will be able to taste our fresh home-made pizzas, tapas, scrambled eggs, hamburgers, baguettes and pa amb oli. All this to affordable prices and with a friendly service.
London
“Worst meal I have had for years:-(”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

We had a table booked at Sa Granja, whose outdoor tables are adjacent to this place in the main square in Soller. It was not until we had ordered our drinks and looked at the menu, that we realised that we were actually sitting at the wrong restaurant - easy mistake to make as the outdoor spaces of the two restaurants (and others) share the same outdoor roof structures.

We decided to stay put - a big mistake. The starters were unappetising which didn't inspire confidence for what was to come. Things got worse. Two of the main meals were returned as uncooked and the other main courses were pretty awful too - on advising the waitress, she almost gave a resigned look as this was a routine occurrence.

I would give this place a very wide berth.

• Visited August 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

72% Recommend
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Tapas were excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

We myself and my family went to this restaurant and had tapas and pizzas. The tapas ere tasty and excellent, the pizzas were the best I’ve ever tasted. I was very surprised and amazed at the excellent service we received.

Next time i go to Soller on holidays i will definitely return to this restaurant.

I have recommend the restaurant to my friends and will recommend to anyone else..

• Visited June 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Somerset
“I hope they can pull these bad reviews back. Be careful.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011 via mobile

I don't like to give poor reviews on one visit but we too got poor service and ridiculous slop served as tapas at an alarming cool temperature. we stayed in Soller for 2 weeks so I think i can review in comparison but i accept they May be going through a bad patch. I think they can improve and they need to for the sake of all the cafes in Soller as generally the local standard is good. I think they have good local support but no one should take tourists for granted like this. Before you sit down check out the general standard.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Newcastle-upon-Tyne, England
“Very, very poor tapas.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

On the day we visited (June28th 2011) the restaurants surrounding this place were all full, it being around 13:30.
But as they had the only seats available, we sat down at two tables for two.
When the only young waitress finally acknowledged us, we were asked to wait a little longer.
When she came to us we firstly asked if we couild move our tables together as we intended to share tapas between the four of us.
"No possible".

The drinks we ordered were brought, but the ladies drinks bore no resemblance to what we had asked for, and I had to go inside to get them changed at the bar.
We ordered our tapas (2 large), and when it arrived some time later we had two plates of the same food on each.Three items. No variety.

Mussels were chewy, the pork stew was tasty but the meat was chewy, and the meatballs in sauce were also tasty but sadly, almost cold.

We picked at the food and actually left most of it uneaten.

To be in such a stunning location and to get such poor service and food was most dissapointing.

There seemed little point in complaining to the dissinterested waitress, so we paid the bill, minus any tip, and left.

By this time it was patently obvious why there were so many seats available during the busy lunchtime at this restaurant, and the other establishments were very busy.

I take no pleasure in giving a negative review of anyones work, but this establishment really should be avoided if what we encountered is the norm ?

Such a shame. :-(

• Visited June 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Soller, Spain
“APPRECIATED TO THE HIGHEST AMOUNT!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2011

Let's start with something you know about; Pizza. There are dozens of Pizzas out there, and I've had one or another since I was about ten. However, I have to say that this Piizza was the best I've ever had in my life!!!
The Pizza at Circulo Sollerense was really appreciated it TO THE HIGHEST AMOUNT!!!

• Visited April 2011