“Come here for a gut-buster hearty Mallorquin fodder.” 3 of 5 stars

Santa Caterina D'alexandria 36 | Port De Soller, 07108 Soller, Majorca, Spain
+34 971 634 449
Improve this listing
Ranked #33 of 111 Restaurants in Soller
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Come here for a gut-buster hearty Mallorquin fodder.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Family run, popular restaurant, always busy. Lacked a system for seating and taking of orders, we saw several punters walk out over the evening whom had been seated and forgotten about. Moving onto the food huge portions and very good, a starter each and a main course did us, the salads are a meal in themselves.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Stockholm, Sweden
“Simple but O so good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Went three days and had perfect meals on two, however on fridays they get a bit crowded and can't messure up to standard. Go for the meat section and let the staff recommend you wines. They know their stuff. Nice service if you go on a weekday

Visited September 2013
Somerset UK
“A delight but get there early or get frustrated.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Had an early dinner with my wife.
I emphasise early, because if you book a table and arrive after 8.30 then it will be a long evening.
We arrived at 7.15 without a booking, ordered one course plus alioli and bread and drinks and we were served very quickly.
A lady at an adjacent table who booked for 8pm waited 30 minutes for the wine!
The restaurant had closed the gate to newcomers by 8.30.
There are far too few waiting staff, it is a family business and the parents who presumably own the place just didn't have enought children to act as waiters and do not employ outsiders!!
My wife had lamb chops which were lovely, I had prawns, the cheap ones not Soller prawns which are more expensive. My prawns were disappointing, they were very difficult to shell and I am not sure why, but the head and body (as opposed to the tail) was liquified and when I broke the prawns in half the liquid went in all directions, including my newly laundered shirt..... Beware the exploding prawns!!
Anyway, the setting is lovely, the food looked very good on adjoining tables and my wife said that her lamb was the best she had had in years.
We were warned about the slow service, we gave up ordering a sweet and went to a local ice cream outlet. We waited an eternity for the bill and ended up going to the bar to get it.
Despite all this, we will go again and once again we will go early.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sunderland, UK
“Our joint favourite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

After 3 unsatisfactory meals along the seafront we were delighted to discover the Campo Sol. Nice food and we felt valued as customers. The waitress was lovely and laughed at my attempts at schoolboy Spanish. The restaurant was so good we went there 3 times. It is popular with locals and tourists alike so you will need to book. 1 litre of sangria por favor, ole!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brighton
“Good food & nice surroundings....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We visited this restaurant following some excellent reviews. The surroundings came up to expectations and the food was certainly plentiful and quite reasonably priced - the 13 euro set meal which one of our friends chose seemed to be of particularly good value. I was a little disappointed to find my roast suckling pig came served with salad, which didn't really complement it, but that was a small point and, had I realised, I'm sure I could have had vegetables instead. The one thing that we all felt let the place down was the service. The young waitress who took our order was quite pleasant and friendly, but the older waitress was very brusque and tried to clear our table and take orders for desserts before we had all finished our main courses, which made us feel as though she couldn't wait to get rid of us and reset the table for any possible late night diners! Sadly, this attitude continued, which meant that we decided not to stay for desserts and coffee as we would usually have done, as it made us all feel somewhat rushed and unwelcome. I think this restaurant, which could be stunning, is very understaffed and they would do well to employ m ore waiting staff to take the pressure off the existing front of house. Good food is one thing ( and we can't fault it on that ) but a friendly ambience can be equally important and on the evening we visited this was sadly lacking.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere