“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Posada de Lluc

Save Saved
You added Posada de Lluc to your Saves list
Posada de Lluc
4.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Carrer Roser Vell 11, 07460 Pollenca, Majorca, Spain   |
Ranked #1 of 9 Pollenca B&B and Inns
Darlington
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed 4 nights at this hotel and it was wonderful from the moment we arrived. Laura was waiting for us in Reception and took us straight to our room which was magnificent. I cannot find one single thing to complain about or criticise.

Wolfgang and laura are wonderfully kind and thoughtful hosts, the rooms are all maintained to a high standard in every way and the breakfast, even the background music, is superb.

I would recommend this place to anyone. We will certainly be back before long and besides, Pollenca is a lovely place to stay with so much atmosphere.

Highly recommended and we wish them well in the future.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

56 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Sausalito CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stayed at Posada de Lluc for 5 nights and couldn't have been happier. Our room was next to the pool and perfectly situated. The location in the center of old town was convenient to everything. We hardly moved our car and walked everywhere. The room was very comfortable and we enjoyed the sumptuous breakfast every morning. Wolfgang and Laura were exceptional hosts and catered to our every need. This was our first trip to Mallorca and we would definitely return.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

We stayed at Posada de Lluc for 3 nights in August 2013. Laura and Wolfgang could not have been more charming, friendly and helpful. Wolfgang's speciality were his freshly cooked eggs every morning! The Posada is very peaceful and quiet, yet well located for Pollensa town. Llucy and his toy bear were very cute too! We had very bad storms when we were there, and one day it rained all day! But Laura very kindly made us tea in the lounge, which was a nice touch. My only criticisms were the poor quality of bath towels - very thin - and also, the shower door didn't shut properly, so we tended to use the bath and shower attachment instead. I would however recommend this hotel. It was a very enjoyable and relaxing stay!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights in Possada de Lluc: 1 night in a room overlooking the pool, and 2 nights in the room with the big terrace. The hotel is perfect located in the center of Pollenca and run by a very friendly couple Wolfgang & Laura who did everything to make our stay as pleasant as possible. Wolfgang even served me coffee at the side of the (small) pool in the morning before breakfast. Laura surprised us the evening that we went to the fantastic restaurant Clivia that she recommended. ( really worth a visit)
Both rooms were very convenient. The only small things we can suggest to improve are: higher quality of towels and bathrobes , and a better maintenance of the plants and flowers on the terrace , as well as on the balcony of the room.But overall a very pleasant stay!

Room Tip: Both rooms were fine, but the advantage of the room with the big terrace is that you can sit outside...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Our trip to Mallorca was to coincide with a family birthday gathering in Pollensa. As we live in Australia, Mallorca in not high on the tourist destination map. After much research and debate on whether to stay in a villa or stay in a hotel for the two weeks, we decided to opt for the hotel option and as the reviews for Posada de Lluc were mostly favourable and it was not a large establishment we decided that was where we would like to stay.

Everything from check in to check out could not have been better. Our room was comfortable and air conditioned (thank goodness). Breakfast was continental however there was the option of eggs done any way you liked.

Wolfgang and Laura were delightful hosts and the staff were friendly and obliging.

The availability of off street car parking was as added advantage, due to the narrow streets of the old town and restricted parking, we felt more comfortable in the knowledge that the car was off the streets.

We had a very relaxed and comfortable stay and would not hesitate to recommend Posada de Lluc to anyone looking for accommodation in Pollensa. I would say that it could be compared to a boutique hotel or a large B&B. Whatever you want to call it, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would definitely go back.

Room Tip: I would say from what I saw of other rooms they offer equal comfort. There is a room with an outdoo...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We booked for one night at the Posada de Lluc through Expedia – this was our arrival night before a two-week villa holiday in the area.

A couple of weeks before our arrival date we were re-assured to receive an e-mail from Laura and Wolfgang (proprietors) confirming our booking and asking what time we might be arriving – I replied to say that we hoped to be there between 5.30pm and 6.00pm, as our flight was scheduled to land in Palma at 4.00pm.

Then four days before arrival I received a second e-mail from Laura advising that we could no longer have the pool-view room that we had booked, but instead would be offered a street view room, at a slightly lower rate. No major disaster, and certainly a change that we could live with, but it should have been a warning for the organisational chaos that was to come.

I hadn’t realised that my forecast arrival time was some sort of contractual undertaking to which I had committed my family. As it happened, our flight was a little delayed and it took longer than expected to get our hire car [tip: do not use Centauro], and so it was 6.50pm by the time we arrived in Pollenca.

Unbelievably, on arriving at the hotel the front door was shut and securely locked – no amount of knocking brought anyone to the door, and phone calls to the number on the website (a landline) went unanswered. Never before had I arrived at my hotel to find the whole building locked up with no means of entry - not what one wants after a whole day of travelling and with a three-year-old in tow.

Fortunately, after 10 minutes or so the owner of the bar across the road noticed my disconsolate face and told me that the proprietors had returned to Germany – he had seen them leave for the airport an hour or so before we arrived. He managed to find a tattered copy of the hotel’s business card which bore both Laura and Wolfgang’s mobile phone numbers – I called but both went straight through to voicemail. I left messages informing them of our predicament. By this time it was around 6.30pm, our 3-year-old daughter was getting increasingly upset (as well as being desperate for the toilet), and I was starting to contemplate a night in the car.

While standing in the street weighing up our options Laura finally returned my call. However rather than offer an apology she told me, by way of explanation, that I had said we would arrive by 6.00pm and that as we weren’t there at 6.00pm they locked up and left for the airport, because they had to catch a flight! This implication that our predicament was my fault was not well received! She then told me that a member of the hotel’s staff would be with us in five minutes to check us in. Five minutes, then ten and 15 passed with no-one arriving. Two more phone calls assured me that someone would be with us imminently, and then finally, at 7.00pm, Carmen arrived – one hour and ten minutes after our arrival, and half an hour after being promised that someone would be with us in five minutes.

Once checked in, the room and the hotel were very nice, however the whole incident had left a very bitter taste in the mouth.

I really cannot fathom how experienced hotel proprietors could conceive that their actions were in any way acceptable, or that that was a professional way to run a hotel. I understand that things come up, and that they might have had good reason to return to Germany at short notice, however I cannot understand why they made no effort to contact me (they had both my e-mail address and mobile phone number) or, at the very least, pinned a note to the front door advising me to telephone Carmen!

If it had not been for our good fortune that:

- we were spotted by the bar owner opposite (whose bar was closed – he just happened to be in there clearing up, and was gone within an hour); and
- he happened to have Laura and Wolfgang’s mobile numbers; and
- I speak reasonable Spanish and so was able to communicate our predicament to him fairly easily; and
- Laura and Wolfgang had not yet boarded their flight at Palma; and
- Carmen was available to come and let us in to the hotel

then we would not have gained access to the hotel and would have been left scouring Pollenca for accommodation (on, as it turned out, the evening of the town Fiesta). Laura and Wolfgang must have known that, yet seemed to care not a jot – and seemed quite happy to go off with the deposit that I had paid several months previously.

By way of ‘compensation’ we were let off the cost of the bottle of water from our mini bar – such generosity! This went no way towards compensating even the cost of my mobile phone calls, let alone the distress and anxiety that we suffered. A totally inadequate response to the most unprofessional and distressing hotel experience I have ever encountered.

Then, to cap it all, our friends with whom we were subsequently sharing a villa and who had booked the Posada de Lluc for the last night of their holiday, a few days later received an e-mail from Laura informing them the hotel could no longer honour their booking and that they would have to stay elsewhere!

It is clear that the proprietors, although they have created a quite lovely hotel, are not competent to run that hotel. They clearly have little regard for their guests (or maybe they do not regard people as their guests, and therefore their responsibility, until they cross the threshold?), and none of the organisational skills required by a hotelier. We will not take the risk of booking here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
cornwall
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Fortuitously booked this superlative boutique hotel to coincide with my wife's birthday when travelling around Mallorca in July. We spent 3 heavenly, relaxing and fun days there indulged by the welcoming hospitality of Wolfgang & Laura. Stayed in the terrace room. It was a perfect base from which to explore the NW of the island. A stylish & imaginative decor, a luxurious room with probably the largest bed in which we ever slept, delicious breakfasts (Wolgang's scrambled eggs are to die for) and two perfect hosts.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Posada de Lluc? Share your experiences!