We stayed here on the night of St Valentine’s, when the hotel was offering a package of accommodation and a set dinner. This is a hotel I’d wanted to try for a long time – and I was not disappointed.
The property was once an 18th century Jesuit monastery, but the monks wouldn’t recognise the interior now: it’s been converted into a very stylish contemporary, but comfortable family-run boutique hotel, with 23 rooms and suites, a small spa with pool, larger outdoor pool, restaurant and bar.
We were impressed by the welcoming and helpful staff – everyone from the receptionist on arrival (who gave us a quick tour of the facilities), to the young woman who came to shake hands with us as we arrived in the restaurant for the excellent breakfast the next morning. Everyone – male or female – seems to wear the same uniform of a loose top (linen?) worn over grey striped trousers, which adds to the relaxed feel of the place.
Our room was on the top floor and very well-appointed. Things we really liked about it:
• Plenty of reading/browsing material;
• Safe large enough for a laptop (and with a mobile device charging point);
• Bang & Olufsen TV, CD, DVD, and phones (one in the loo too).
• Good quality toiletries;
• Gift of 2 straw hats (useful for hot sunny days), and use of straw basket while staying to accommodate all the bits and pieces necessary for time lazing by the pool.
• Pillow and sheet menu: a choice of pillows, and the option of 100% linen sheets for a daily supplement.
We were impressed by the fact that the hotel information folder contained detailed instructions for operating the audio/video equipment, and for the whirlpool bath in our room. Other hotels should take note – we’re not all technical wizards!
The hotel has a tempting shop area, selling Son Brull branded goods (of which there are plenty – clever marketing folks here). You do, however, pay extra for the Son Brull name . . .
Son Brull Hotel & Spa has its own vineyard, and garden producing certified organic veg, used in the cuisine here. You can have a generous pre-dinner Son Brull Gin (made by local bodega Can Vidalet) and Fever-Tree Tonic, then enjoy the Son Brull red wine (or any of the other national and international labels) with your dinner. Sadly there are no Son Brull-branded aspirin for any possible hangover the next morning!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Venere, Despegar.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Son Brull Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Son Brull Hotel Pollenca
- Hotel Son Brull
- Son Brull Hotel And Spa Pollenca, Majorca, Spain