You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Van Buren-Ft Smith Area to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Van Buren-Ft Smith Area
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1637 N. 12th Court, GPS: 2001 East Pointer Trail, Van Buren, AR 72956   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Van Buren
Rotonda West
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Great facilities, service, and breakfast. Would definitely stay there again. Desk staff really accomodated our family staying in rooms close to one another. The facility is clean, neat, and well maintained. We truly enjoyed our stay. Desk clerk Alberta was excellent.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
VBNES, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Van Buren-Ft Smith Area, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
We really appreciate the comments about our hotel and staff that you made on your review of our hotel. Our priority is our guests and we try to do our best to make sure that everyone's stay is the best it can be. Again, thank you very much for your review. Have a great Day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Bude, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

we picked the Van Beuren hotel quite by accident being from overseas and were very pleased we did. Straight run into Fort Smith and the historical sites only around 10 minutes and Van Beuren itself is lovely with antiques coffee shops and restaurants and many historic buildings.
The hotal is situated walking distance from a multiplex movie theatre and restaurants only a short drive away. Quiet off the main road and welcoming I recommend it.

Room Tip: any room would be OK here although we do always ask to be situated away from the elevator and ice ma...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Spent the weekend here in early June 2013. Like most Holiday Inn Expresses, this one is great. Fairly new property. The location is a little off the beaten path, but that adds to the niceness. The location is very quiet. It is next door to a theater and another hotel, but other than that, it is just across the street from a residential area. The theater is on the east, and a Catholic Church on the west. The residential is a couple of hundred yards to the south. It is close to the interstate, but no so much that you hear traffic. It is just very quiet. The rooms are standard Holiday Inn Express type rooms, but they are very very clean. A must for me. The staff was quite nice and helpful. The location is just a few blocks from restaurants and stores. Just a great place. The bed was just great. I have back problems and it was great for my back. Not too hard, not too soft. It was just right. Breakfast was usual for HIE, but again, I like their breakfasts. You cannot go wrong with this property.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Conyers, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

This holiday inn express is 5 min. From interstate and right beside large movie theater. This was our second visit to this hotel. But this time we brought our golden doodle duke. The hotel offers plenty of run around space and the room was plenty big for a crate. There is a great ice cream place called braums around the corner, as well as a sonic and wendys. The offer a great breakfast, nice pool and clean modern rooms.

• Stayed June 2013
Bryant, AR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

By no means is this a bad hotel. I travel all over the state of Arkansas, and I have stayed in much, much worse. There was (or I should say, is...I'm still here as I'm typing this) a mix of good and bad. For me, though, the bad outweighs the good.

The good: All of the staff I've encountered have been very friendly and helpful. The front desk staff checked me in a little early, which I appreciated, and every time I've walked past the desk the attendant has greeted me and asked how I was doing. The hotel is clean and in a nice spot - convenient to the freeway (but not bothered by freeway noise), retail and restaurants. There's even a movie theater adjacent to the property. Beds are comfortable with lots of pillows. The flat screen tv with some digital channels is nice, too. AC works great. The room is very spacious and open (I am in a two-queen non-smoking room).

The bad: Most of these are probably just pet peeves of mine when I travel, so you may not place much weight on these inconveniences. I do. (1) There is no refigerator or microwave in the room (although a microwave is available for use in the lobby). In this day and age, nearly every property has this feature; not here. My wife is diabetic and has to keep her inuslin cooled, so this is always an important feature for us; luckily, she comes prepared, so we have a backup plan, but this is still an annoying inconvenience. It also prevents us from buying food and keeping it in the room, forcing us to spend more money on eating out. (2) There is no seating in the room (with the exception of the desk chair). As I mentioned previously, the room is very big. There is plenty of room for a chair and ottoman or a small loveseat. I hate sitting in bed, and desk chairs are not the most comfortable. The lack of a place to sit and relax is a major sore spot for me. (3) There is no ice machine on my floor (the fourth). This drives me crazy. I have to keep ice in the room because there is no refrigerator (see #1 above), and now I have to keep running downstairs to the third floor to get ice. Very frustrating. (4) The room is poorly lit. While there is a nice, big window to allow sun in, there is only a single light by the beds that just does not put out a lot of light - not sure if it's due to a low wattage bulb or a darker than average lampshade. Regardless, it's a little difficult to read in bed - one of my wife's favorite activities. (5) Breakfast this morning was simply not good. There was a fine variety of items, and perhaps the other items I did not sample were better, but the biscuits were hard and dry, the sausage was flavorless and for the first time ever at a Holiday Inn Express, the cinnamon rolls were hard as a brick. I ate at 8:30, so it wasn't like I came down at the end of the breakfast. Very disappointing.

Like I said, there was a mix of good and bad. But the bad was just too much for me to recommend this property with any real conviction. You won't have a bad stay here at all, but you could certainly have a better stay at other properties nearby (like the Hampton Inn).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Van Buren-Ft Smith Area, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear RoosterHogburn,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. It is pleasing to know that you found our staff to be friendly. However, please accept my apologies though that you found this visit to be less than your expectations most especially with the condition of the room you were given and breakfast not being up to par. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Despite your disappointment, I do hope you will return to stay with us again at some future date when you can be assured of our very best attention.

Regards,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Hot Springs Village, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We had called for three rooms and had a discount offer. Jessica helped us at the front desk and had our rooms at the advertised price. Great rooms, very clean and bathroom stocked. Tyler helped us check out and we plan to return again. Only downside were the breakfast omelets. Dry and tough, but everything else on breakfast menu was very good.

Room Tip: Get a discount coupon from the Arkansas Welcome Center 6 miles to the Oklahoma border. Well worth th...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Aztec, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I came into Van Buren on a business trip, and was greeted by Kyndie at your hotel. She was friendly and very professional, knew the area well, and got me a nice room with a great deal with no complications. I would definitely influence more people to stay at this hotel if presented with the opportunity.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Van Buren-Ft Smith Area? Share your experiences!