“Highly Exceeded Expectations” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Van Buren
Chicago, Illinois
“Highly Exceeded Expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

From the moment we walked into the lobby, the gal at the front desk greeted us warm and friendly. We were treated very well throughout our stay. The rooms were immaculate! We were on a two week hotel stay because we were traveling for work and this was by far our best hotel. The guest services representative (She was from Romeoville, IL) helped us to find a great place to eat as well. We are from the Chicagoland area and were unfamiliar with the Van Buren area. Overall, we had a wonderful experience!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Sumter, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

my wife, 4 month old son and i along with our dog stayed here during a trip. Excellent hotel, Very clean and pet friendly which you would never know. Price was below average locations was close to freeway in safe little neighborhood. Room was very clean and spacious with a huge walk in shower. Breakfast was delicious with pretty good options for being free. Staff was very friendly and helpful with everything. Would defiantly stay here again if we were in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Mountain Home, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Hotel was in great shape but hard to find. Not in google yet. Young man that greeted us when we arrived (10-24-13) was great. Gave us the 3rd floor and it was clean & quiet. Bathroom was updated and the carpet was clean. AC worked perfectly. This young man also helped to find a place to eat as we were very tried from driving. Nice ppl.

Room Tip: Room 307 was clean and quiet
Derby, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

The property was new and stylish, clean and comfortable. They had what we wanted including a pool and hot breakfast. The evening desk clerk, Eli was very helpful with our questions for dinner and shopping. The morning staff likewise was gracious to us to ask if we were done getting what we wanted from the breakfast service before closing up. (we were runing late at breakfast) It was close to what we wanted to do in the area. The fridge and micro were helpful and the showerhead was pleasantly different from the routine bathroom hardware. It was easy to find and access. We'd come back in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Had a 3rd flr rm and never had a sound problem from outside our room. Quiet and comfortable room.
Pahrump, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We were greeted with true Southern hospitality by Dawn the evening we arrived. We had a wonderful experience. Pool was nicely heated. Room was beautiful and spacious, with a comfortable bed. The next morning, Kevin was just hospitable, allowing us to have breakfast items that were available before 6:00 am, as we had to get on the road by 5:30. A great place to stay, with good access to I-40, but away from the main drag of town. We noticed a large movie theater across the parking lot. Had a great dinner at Uncle Jake's a few blocks from the room. Did have to drive to it, but it was worth it for good food and really decent prices.

Room Tip: With an elevator to reach any floor, I can't imagine any room being less than great. Ours was o...
Kodak, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

After researching hotels in Van Buren, I selected this one and I'm so happy I did! I was travelling solo and was absolutely exhausted when I reached this hotel. When I entered the lobby I was impressed with how nice it was for the price I was paying. There was one person ahead of me and when I stepped up to the desk, the young man that checked me in greeted me with a warm smile and asked if I was Janet (which I am). He had already prepared my room key(s) and only needed a signature to complete my check in. I didn't catch his name but he worked the desk the evening of August 15th.
This hotel is clean and orderly. My room was neat, clean and nicely appointed. It was also quiet and provided for a relaxing and comfortable overnight stay.
Based on this stay, I would definitely stay at this hotel again and I would certainly recommend it to friends!

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Aubrey, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I cannot say enough great things about this hotel! We love staying here. They are pet friendly and always remember our puppies and speak so sweet to them. The same front desk assistant is there each time we visit (Dawn) and she is so great! Very friendly and remembers our faces and welcomes us back. Tracy the Manager is great too! The rooms are spacious, comfortable, quiet and CLEAN! We will never stay anywhere else. Also a huge perk that I can use my Choice Hotels/Employee Discount for each stay. Also, the breakfast never disappoints and the entire atmosphere is wonderful. Also, IMPORTANT to mention that in a city with NO 4G internet access, their wifi is great!

Room Tip: Best rooms we've found are the corner rooms - seem to be bigger
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Van Buren? Share your experiences!