“4* But only just.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Enniscorthy
Essex
“4* But only just.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Just had a 4 night stay at this hotel, it is listed as a 4* but I have to say I have stayed in better 4* hotels. The only food avaialable was bar snacks, as the other 2 restaurants were only open at weekends, so the choice was a little limited. The room was adequate, but nothing stunning, with one of the chair seats being torn, it looked a little tired. The cleanlines in the room was ok, but the bathroom could certainly have been cleaner, I had to scrape off whatever was left in the hand basin, and the bath was not cleaned at all during my stay despite me having a bath every night.
My only other gripe, was that the corridors were very cold, they advertised that they had state of the art heaters, well state of the art they may be, but they just didn't do the job. They were really no more than glorified fan heaters, and the one in my room, whilst once being turned full on for a couple of hours, it did heat the room, I had to turn it off at night because the fan was so noisey I could'nt sleep, which meant when you woke in the morning the room was freezing, and took a long time to heat up. The hot water temperature was also just about hot enough for a bath, but no hotter than that,
I don't think I would book this hotel again, as there are plenty to choose from around the local area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Cork
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We just stayed one night. We were given a lovely big room with a balcony overlooking the river. The bed was comfortable although we could have done without the plastic cover on the mattress. Tea, coffee and biscuits were supplied in the room as were two bottles of water. Breakfast is cooked to order and the bar food is quite good for a quick and informal dinner. The receptionist couldn't have been more helpful and all the staff we encountered were courteous and friendly. Enniscorthy is a lovely town to visit.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Marketing007, Director of Sales at The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Mary R

Thank you so much for taking the time to post you review.

I am so thrilled you enjoyed your stay and that you were impressed by the facilities and service you received particularly from our attentive and friendly staff .
It is great to get such reviews not just on the hotel but on our lovely town, I do hope you were able to avail of the walk along the banks of the River Slaney which has a wonderful extended walkway and our close proximity to the town centre, host to the award winning Enniscorthy Castle .

I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to The Riverside Park Hotel and Leisure Club in the near future. Please contact me directly so I can personally assist you with your reservation.

Omagh, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My husband and myself and other family members stayed in the hotel Friday, Saturday and Sunday night. we were at a very enjoyable family wedding where the food was delicious and staff so friendly. and helpful. We were made so welcome on arrival even though the staff on reception were extremely busy. The rooms were so spacious and clean and beds so comfortable. We stayed an extra night as it was so good. Only fault was the food was so good we ate too much!!! Would recommend this hotel to anyone. Thanks to everyone in the hotel for making our stay so comfortable and judging by all the wedding guests who stayed over they had the same opinions as ourselves. Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Just go and enjoy a good time - didn't hear any complaints about any of the rooms.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear AggieC29_13

On behalf of the team here in The Riverside Park Hotel, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for posting your glowing review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay on such a special occasion and that you were impressed by the standard of service from our staff to our luxury accommodation on offer.
I have passed on your comments to our staff who are always genuinely delighted to read our guest’s feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Riverside Park Hotel in the future so please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any assistance with your reservation.

Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We were part of a wedding party at the Riverside Park 1st-3rd Feb. This is a beautiful hotel in a lovely location overlooking the river Slaney. Everything about this hotel is brilliant, especially the staff,and their friendlieness. The food is excellent, and the rooms are spacious and clean. Our room had a small balcony with a lovely view over the river. We will definitely return. JB

Room Tip: the rooms overlooking the river are lovely
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear John B

Thank you so much for taking the time to post you wonderful review. We value all our guest’s feedback and it is rewarding for our staff to read of your comments.

I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay and that you were impressed by “our staff and their friendliness”.

Please be sure to contact me directly, should you require assistance with any future booking you may have.

Sales & marketing Manager
Leicestershire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

My wife and I returned to The Riverside Park Hotel over the New Year and, once again, were not disappointed! So often hotels gradually lose their sparkle as the years go by but this one maintains the same standard of comfort, care, friendliness and service. The food continues to be excellent with small improvements to the alreadly excellent breakfast. Unfortunately the portions also continue to be more than we can manage but highly recommended to those younger persons with large appetites. They must have had a good Chrismas because they ran out of small bottle sof Pinot Grigio - my wife's favourite; however the Guinness is excellent, as always!

Room Tip: Starve before visiting!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear LeicesterWineMan

On behalf of the team here in The Riverside Park Hotel, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for posting your wonderful review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you continue to be impressed by the standard of service from our staff, the facilities on offer to excellent breakfast which proves to be a challenge!

I look forward to welcoming you back to Riverside Park Hotel in the future so please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any assistance with your reservation and ensure we are stocked up on the pinot Grigio.

Wexford, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel before and was forunate to stay there for my Christmas Party night earlier in December. This is a fantastic hotel with beautiful views over the river Slaney. We checked in early with and check in was very efficient. Our room was lovely with two double beds! There was a little balcony overlooking the river. We had a fantastic meal at our function and service was so efficient despite the very large function room being full to capacity. The entertainment was also incredible. A great night was had by all. We had a beautiful breakfast the next morning and relaxed in the Promenade Bar which had lots of people arriving for Sunday Lunch. The hotel also has two other restaurants The Moorings which is more formal dining and The Alamo which is tex-mex cuisine. Both of these are to be recommended. I would say the only thing that lets this hotel down is the lack of a proper Residents Bar. The Residents Bar is situated in the foyer of the hotel which was freezing cold as the front door was being opened all the time to allow people get their taxis and lacked atmosphere. The night porters did not seem overly keen to have people stay in the 'Residents Bar'. The hotel also has a Leisure Centre (which we didn't have time to use). Overall this is a fantastic hotel and offers the complete package for a luxurious break. I have been at several functions here and also been to its restaurants and it has always been excellent - well deserving of 4*!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Marketing007, Director of Sales at The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Enniscorthy 123

On behalf of the management and staff of The Riverside Park Hotel I would like to thank you for taking the time to post such a glowing review on our hotel and share your experience with others.

I am delighted to see that you had such an enjoyable night at one of our Christmas Party Night from the fantastic meal, efficient service to the incredible entertainment.

We value all of our guest’s feedback and it is rewarding to read of your terrific comments along with your recommendations for our restaurants.I shall pass your valued comments onto our Executive Chef and the rest of the team here in the hotel.

We shall also take on board your comments regarding our residents lounge and discuss it with the relevant departments. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Riverside Park Hotel and if I can ever be of any assistance to you please feel free to contact me.

Kind regards,
dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Stayed here some time ago and the bar was good dinner in the restraunt was great and good entertainment at night, only problem was that there was a terrible smell of smoke in the corridors of the floor we were on and as non smokers you tend to notice it more, but other than that would stay there again.

Room Tip: ask for a room with river view, and check for smoking floors
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear paddywack1

Firstly may I thank you for review you posted following your recent stay in the Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and that you departed with a lasting impression of the great facilities from our good bar food to our great restaurant.

It is great to get such positive feedback from our valued guests not just on the facilities and services but also the live entertainment we have on offer in the Promenade Bar while you relax and enjoy the atmosphere.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future, so please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any assistance with your reservation.

Kind Regards

Sales & Marketing Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniscorthy
Riverbank House Hotel
The Millrace Hotel
The Millrace Hotel
#1 of 1 in Bunclody
3.5 of 5 stars 552 reviews

Been to The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club? Share your experiences!