“Probably wouldn't return” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 10 Enniscorthy B&B and Inns
Brisbane, Australia
“Probably wouldn't return”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

This was an unusual experience. We were met at door by, I suspect, a daughter of hosts who seemed to be nervous, unsure and not forthcoming with the usual welcoming greeting received at other B&Bs. Were served breakfast by same lass and we are still wondering where Kay or Paul were, whom I had been communicating with for a couple of months prior to our stay.

In saying this we found the guest wing to be lacking warmth and personality. We were the only guests and quite felt like intruders.

PROS; Parking close to house

CONS; Very noisy/echoy guest wing

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
teachfailte, Owner at Teach Failte B&B, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Brissy Girl,

Sincere apologies that you did not find your stay at Teach Fáilte to be up to your expectations. Paul and I were away on a well-deserved holiday at the time of your stay and Teach Fáilte was in the very competent hands of our daughter. As this is a family business, guests are sometimes met by our daughters as well as by Paul or myself. This has never been a problem for any guests and, in fact, my daughters have received excellent reviews from other patrons. However, in some way of explaining your reception, I would like to let you know that our dog Tilly had just had a litter of six puppies the night before your arrival. My daughter was in and out of the house all day keeping an eye on the newborns while taking care not to miss your arrival. She explains she may have appeared slightly frazzled to you however she most certainly was not “nervous” or “unsure”. She would like to apologise for appearing to be less welcoming than you expected.

As regards your being the only guests, in off-peak season it can be quiet. Previous guests have applauded the quiet and private atmosphere in our guest wing so it is a pity you did not enjoy this too.

Warm regards,

Kay

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Kay is a lady. Home from home. Absolutely positive experience. Homemade scones and tea on arrival.....homemade brown bread for breakfast. Cant say enough good. Same as previous person....Kay offered to drop us into town......and collect us!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Kilkenny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Stayed here while attending a wedding in Enniscorthy. We were greeted warmly by the host with freshly baked scones and tea. Clean rooms, quiet location, perfect for attending functions in Enniscorthy (we were even offered a lift into Enniscorthy such was the hospitality). You don't get too many like this anymore. And the breakfast.........delicious!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Blue Springs, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We arrived at Teach Failte greeted by our wonderful host, Kay. The rooms were clean and
Kay provided delicious meals. She was very helpful in giving directions to attractions and
restaurants nearby. Great place to stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Kansas City, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

On our recent trip to Ireland we stayed at Teach Failte for a night. The rooms were lovely, the food delicious and Kay, our hostess, was great about giving us helpful hints as to restaurants, attractions and directions. She went out of her way to get us to the places we wanted to go. Plus her food was delicious! I highly recommend Teach Failte for anyone traveling to Enniscorthy with a car. It is easy driving distance to New Ross and downtown Enniscorthy.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed in Teach Failte for one night as we were attending a wedding in Enniscorthy. Most of the guests of the wedding were staying at the hotel but we prefer smaller places were you can get a more personalised service. I can only say good things about Teach Failte and Kay. The room was huge, very clean (with an electric blanket on the bed!), lovely wooden furniture and electric shower. We had a view of the back garden, which meant no noise at all. Kay offered us tea, coffee and scones on arrival and the next morning the breakfast was excellent. My boyfriend had cereals and a full Irish and for me, being a vegan, Kay went out of her way to get me soy milk and dairy free cookies. We will definitely recommend it to anyone travelling to Enniscorthy.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I stayed one night in Teach Failte as I was on some business in the area. I stay in lots of B&Bs as I travel a lot for work so I have seen quite a variety of places but Teach Failte was one of the best to date.
The room was spacious and spotless with lovely wooden floors and pine furniture. The room also had tea and coffee facilities and a tv/dvd player and wireless internet which worked. (Lots of places say they have wireless but it rarely works)
The beds were super comfortable and the sheets were like silk! My favourite part was the electric blanket on the bed! I stayed during a particularly cold snap and was toasty warm all night. The shower was amazing and strong with loads of hot water and there was a great hairdryer in the room too.
Kay and Paul were great hosts and could not do enough for their guests.
All in all it was a great stay and I will definitely stay there again if I am in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Teach Failte B&B? Share your experiences!