Just back from a 2 night stay at this hotel. its was very relaxing and staff were most helpful. Rooms were exceptionally clean and comfortable. The spa was divine and the staff there were fab. Just had 2 small problems -
1. the food was very over priced (€18.50 for a mixed grill without bread or tea /coffee, €18.50 for a green curry with rice - not even a huge amount, and €18.00 for cod, peas and chips) in the bar. This was just the bar food prices which in my estimation was over priced for what we got.
2. they tried to charge us twice in the bar for our drinks - the bill came to €67.00 which we paid with laser but the hotel then tried to charge us again upon check out. Also saw another couple in the bar settling their tab and they were charge for wine that they never had.
Other than having to check what your charged for this hotel was definately 4 star in my estimation.
Couples will love this hideaway
- Also Known As:
- Horse And Jockey Hotel
- Horse Jockey Thurles
- Horse Jockey Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Suitably located beside the M8 Motorway at Junction 6 approximately 1 1/4 hours from all main cities. Our facilities include an award winning restaurant, traditional Irish Bar, 67 luxurious bedrooms featuring plasma TV & Wi-Fi, superior conference centre comprising of 10 meeting rooms and a tiered auditorium for up to 200 delegates. Leisure complex includes a 21m pool, steam room, sauna, Jacuzzi, hydro-therapy area and gymnasium. The Spa is a haven of relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Olotels, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Horse & Jockey Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.