“Stay At Cottage” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Flemingstown House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kilmallock
Flemingstown House
You added Flemingstown House to your Saves list
Kilmallock, Ireland   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Kilmallock B&B and Inns
Boca Raton, Florida
“Stay At Cottage”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

If you're looking for the best place to stay in the southwest of Ireland, it's Flemingstown House in Killmallock. We stayed at the cottage next to the main house and it was great. The cottage was beautiful and we had a wonderful view of the cows in the field and the mountains behind them. Imelda Sheedy, the proprietor, is a gem of a woman who definitely rates a "10" on the hostess scale. She is kind, caring and generous with her time. The amenities in the cottage were superb. I can't say enough about how this enhanced our vacation. She definitely represents all the wonderful people we met when we were there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We weren't exactly sure where Kilmallock was other than it was close to Limerick. On our drive there we thought that perhaps it was a bit remote, but in the end we all agreed it was worth the drive and one of our favorite places to stay. The house and its setting are absolutely beautiful and Imelda is a fantastic host. We didn't want to leave. This is one of those bed and breakfasts you read about in the countryside and it more than meets expectations. The place is surrounded by beautiful landscapes and you are greeted by cows when you arrive. We loved the rooms and had one of our best nights sleep ever. The breakfast was fantastic. A bit out of the way but worth the extra couple of miles.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

If you want a caring host, great food, peaceful location, and a part of Ireland that is authentic...then try Flemingstown House. My wife and I along with our two kids and daughter-in-law stayed there for 5 nights in May 2013. We will never forget Imelda and Betty and what they did for us to make our Ireland experience a wonderful memory. We wish Imelda, Betty ,and Betty's babies all the best.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Summit, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Imelda is awesome... Four of us went from NYC to Ireland in 2010 and I can honestly say I have never felt more welcomed than I did by Imelda - with warm scones and tea! The place is gorgeous surrounded by greenery everywhere . The bfast is amazing and I honestly doubt you can beat this price at this level of service. Highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Letterkenny, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We had a wonderful experience on our recent stay in Flemingstown House. Greeted with freshly baked scones on arrival and warmly welcomed by Imelda, we felt at home immediately. The house was a truly lovely place to stay and I would happily return for a longer visit some day. Everything about the stay there was positive, the breakfast was great, the price very reasonable and the welcoming atmosphere made it just perfect.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ROCK ISLAND
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Our group of 8 all stayed at Imelda's beautiful B & B for a week in August, 2012. We were greeted in the gorgous home by one of the most friendly, professional, and helpful people you would want to meet. Her home cooking is to die for, and she went over and beyond to make our stay so comfortable.
The home is so pretty and quiet. Each of our rooms were beautiful. I wish I could have taken our mattress home!! Best nights sleep anywhere on our month's trip through Ireland. The land is picture worthy. I would recommend Flemingstown Guesthouse to anyone traveling to Limerick County. I will certainly stay there again in the future.

Room Tip: Any room is perfect!