“Our amazing wedding reception! ” 5 of 5 stars

You added The Red Door Country House to your Saves list
The Red Door Country House
4.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Carrowmullin, Fahan, Ireland   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Fahan B&B and Inns
“Our amazing wedding reception! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My new husband Paul and I were lucky enough to hold our wedding reception here recently. We cannot thank the staff enough for an amazing day!! To begin, I stayed the night before with my mum and was in heaven in the luxurious bridal suite getting some sleep before the big day. The next morning the sun was shining and my mum, bridesmaids, junior flower girls and some of my close friends came into to suite to get ready. Downstairs we were in shifts for breakfast. It was just heaven. That evening, following our reception at the Chapel of Ease close by, our guests were welcomed by the most wonderful, hard-working staff. Food was incredible. The pork and beef choices were superb and dessert of brownie, icecream and brandy basket was out if this world. The hotel was immaculate, gorgeously styled and nothing was a problem. Our wedding day was absolutely perfect!! Can't wait to visit again!!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The scenery, setting and building itself are fantastic and very beautifuL. The food was great also, despite my steak being well overcooked but I'd be getting served my food as the rest of the table were finishing up. The staff were absolutely useless, they mixed orders up, forgot orders, and were extremely slow.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Belfast, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

The setting down here was beautiful, the restaurant itself looks lovely, the food was nice but I've def had better and I expected better after people telling me how nice it was. The pork belly was nice but not crisp enough. The dessert however was beautiful.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

I went there for Saturday lunch. However I wise I had been offered the afternoon tea (which looked heavenly) I ordered the red door burger the best thing about the burger was the onion jam. The grounds are lovely so there was fantastic views of the beach.

• Stayed August 2014
Coleraine, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I rarely feel the need to write a review, but on this occasion I think I need to.
I have mixed feelings about my stay at The Red Door over Easter 2014.
I have worked in the Hotel industry for 26 years, so not easily bluffed.

Restaurant & Food:
I booked my stay on line only 2 days before my stay, there was nowhere to book a table reservation on the booking form, so for 2 days I was calling but never got a reply.
On arrival I was informed that if we wanted to eat it had to be before 6.30pm as no table was available after that time. This is not acceptable service, if I'm spending 120 Euro on a room, I at least expect to be able to dine when I choose.

On the whole I thought the meal was okay, if not a little expensive for what it was.
It was well cooked and tasty, the kitchen team know what they are doing and the service was quick and efficient.
If I was just reviewing the food I would score it a good 3-4 star average.

Accommodation:
We stayed in the Le Damask room, described as;
Classic and contemporary blend effortlessly in Le Damask with its elegant damask wallpaper and sophisticated cream furniture. This classic hotel room has everything you need to relax or work and is especially good for business guests.
I think Le Damask is a old room in need of some major refurbishment, with its old furniture in need of replacement, broken glass draw handle on bed side draw.
But the highlight has to be the bathroom, when I first opened the door my jaw dropped, it can only be described as hideous.
The room was extremely hot, and the window didn't open enough to cool it down, it is also right above the bar so very noisy, don't expect any sleep till it closes. We were woken up on Sunday morning by loud country music being played in the restaurant.

To sum up, I was very disappointed with my stay :(

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

The red door hotel is absolutely lovely. Attention to detail is great. The staff were fab! My boyfriend and I got engaged when we stayed here and the staff were just as excited as us!! Really fantastic and cosy for a wintry stay! The food was also great!

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Derry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Had such a lovely relaxed stay here for my boyfriend's birthday. Beautiful location and scenery and what really made our stay so pleasant was the staff. They were so helpful friendly and available. I would definitely highly recommend staying here and will be back.

• Stayed October 2013

Been to The Red Door Country House? Share your experiences!