From "a love at first sight" in the spring of 2002 our feelings for Kardamyli village and the hotels Anniska and Liakoto has matured into profound affection.
Since our first visit when we stayed at a brand new Liakoto hotel, we have been coming back 1-2 times a year. We have tried different hotels in Kardamyli, but have doubtlessly concluded that Anniska and Liakoto are the best places to stay. The seaside location, the breathtakeing mountain view, the charming architecture inspired by the local Mani style, the high standard of the rooms (far beyond average greek hotel-standard) are the reasons why we recommend these hotels to friends and relatives. But most of all the dedicated, english speaking host family Gerry, Ilias, Fotis and Anna (and earlier Katrina and Peter) who has contributed to our holidays with friends and with family and with colleges. They really cares for their guests in a personal, enthusiastic and relaxed way; they do contribute to an ultimate holiday experience!
As a Norwegian family of 6 who have had several holidays on various Mediterainian destinations including quite a few greek islands, we felt that we finally had found "our place". There are many reasons, but the most important are: The tranquility of the village, so far almost untouched by modern mass-tourism, its beautyful location on the coast of the Messinian bay, by the foot of the mighty Taygetos mountain range. This gives the visitor an unique opportunity to combine lazy days on the beach with refreshing mounain walks. There are several well marked and maintained trails easily found on local maps. These will bring you into a landscape of friendy olive grooves, idyllic villages, majestic mounain peaks raising up to 2404 meter above sea level and not to forget the deep and astonishing Viros gorge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Anniska and Liakoto are situated in a quiet cul-de-sac on the sea front in the centre of Kardamyli. Restaurants and shops are a moment's walk away. The spacious rooms have either sea or mountain views. Liakoto has a pool that both hotels can use and you can have a drink on Anniska's sea-front terrace. British/Australian couple Ilia and Geraldine offers guests a warm welcome and local knowledge to ensure a memorable stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline so you can book your Anniska & Liakoto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anniska And Liakoto
- Anniska & Liakoto Hotel Kardamili
- Anniska Liakoto Kardamila
- Anniska Liakoto Hotel Kardamila