“Amazing view, quiet village and perfect service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Stella Apartments

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Plakias
Villa Stella Apartments
You added Villa Stella Apartments to your Saves list
_______ | Μύρθιος, Plakias, Crete, Greece   |
Ranked #2 of 22 Plakias B&B and Inns
SuperUrlauber
“Amazing view, quiet village and perfect service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We have been the second time in the southern part of crete and were very fortunate to discover Stellas studios in Mirthios this time. This place is the perfect combination of a beautiful village, the most friendly host possible and an excellent starting point for all the activities you can imagine on crete. The room was in a very good shape and the view you can enjoy from your balcony is breathtaking (see the picture). The kitchen is fully equipped and it is up to you if you would like to cook on your own or you want to visit one of the nice tavernas in Mirthios. Within 10 minutes by car you you can reach wonderful beaches, impressive gorges and everything else you can imagine for a perfect holiday. Mirthios is a wonderful alternative to the touristic areas and the best is you do not have to miss the comfort!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Greek first
athene
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Five years i visit Mirthios and always i stay to Studios Stella.
This year unfortunately Mrs. Stella didn't have availability but she helped me to stay to another studio next to her studios.
From my balcony i could see Mrs. Stella and her husband,Mr. Michalis, that were afraid of the fire from the barbeque of their guests. Her family was feeling upset (and also we )... It is dissapointing that some people don't respect some things...
And the low rating is unfair for Mrs. Stella . She always helps their guests for making their holiday the best. Her studios are perfect, always very clean, comfortable! and view... just unforgettable! Suggest you to stay!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Heraclion
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

These rooms are really great! They have a great great view! They are really clean and everyday Stella kept cleaning the rooms which isn't common to appartment hotels. The kitchen has almost everything and the bath is small but everything new in it!
Finally, price is low so it is one of the greatest value appartments I have seen!

• Stayed August 2012
Bologna, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I spent 17 days in this apartment with my girlfriend and her family: the cleaning and the changing of the towels is not every day but when the owner wants. The room is nice and has a nice view, this is the only Good news. The owners are very very very annoying: They lives on the same level and They claim you switch off your light at 10.30 P.M. Even if every day we left the room in a perfect condition: tidy and cleaned the owner complied about our loud ( !!!!) asolutely not true at 11.45P.M.
I Also paid totally in black without any receipt.
Suggest: avoid it!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
VillaStellaPlakias, Owner at Villa Stella Apartments, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
To Mr. Lenzi:

It's obvious that you wrote with such a bitterness and you prefered to hide which was your behavior to our village!

1. You ( a company of 5 persons) liked to cook at your barbarque to the balcony at the side of street for your dinner every evening, although we had informed you that is not allowed!
You never thought how dangerous is fire during summer time, when the temperature here is always 35-38 celcius and there is wind ( you were to an island!!!)
After you prepared your dinner every evening, you were sitting to the balcony, eating and drinking and without caring about the coals (they are still on fire or not??).
And i made you many times observations for stopping the barbeque but you did nothing!
Although i had explained you that firemen would come and my family as owners of the house would have problem , you did also nothing !
My husband and I were forced to have always our mind to your coals : what time you started or stopped cooking, in order to come with water to the coals! We were really afraid about fire, because even there wasn't wind, they were dangerous for causing fire to our place, to our village. We were in charge for the whole village! In addition our neighbours were making us complaints about your method, cooking to barberque!

2. But your "bad" behavior doesn't stop there... After your dinner, you were sitting and drinking to balcony till 01:00-02:00 a.m, making loud, moving the furniture of balcony, having fun!
The thing is that you didn't have any respect for other people who stayed to next door studios and to my family ! And although i made you many times observations for respecting us and the other guests , who had also holiday and they liked to relax and enjoyed the quietness of our village, you did nothing!
So it was reasonable that my guests were starting making complaints for your noise, for discussing loudly till very very late!! They (and my family) couldn't sleep, even if the doors were closed!!
One couple prefered one night to stay to a hotel to Plakias and I was really upset about this!

I always try ( for 25 years) to offer to my guests calm, peaceful and relaxing holiday and you didn't respect anything ! Neither how dangerous was barbeque, nor how much loud you were making every night!!
That's why i was forced to tell you that if you didn't stop it, i would call police!
As it seems after this, for revenge, you prefered to write these comments for my hospitality!! It is obvious!

3. About black money and receipts, the book of my family business shows if you say the truth or not!!

4. Finally, about my service and the cleaning all my guests know..

I have to say a big "sorry" to my guests that stayed to my studios the same period with you- i know that they hadn't had the holiday that they usually have, while they're staying with us.
Also a "sorry" to my neighbours of the village that they were afraid every night about the fire...

I'm sorry, Mr. Lenzi, but your behavior proves two things : ΝΟ respect to people and NO respect to nature.

Stella Velonaki
Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

WE return each year to Villa Stella - it has wonderful views, is quiete and scrupulously clean. Stella is always most helpful and can make arrangements for a middle of night arrival or early departure - just keep her in the picture. Always excellent value and rooms are serviced with full towel and linen change at twice the frequency of other villas/apartments. We love it.

Room Tip: They are all good rooms.