Our coach arrived….. in darkest night…. and trepidation reigned
We were warmly greeted…. at the desk…and our confidence was gained.
We settled…. snugly in our room….which was quaint and well equipped
Looking forward to the morning….. and our first “Exploring” bit.
On waking in the morning…. after the passing of the night
Our sleepy eyes were treated….. to the most amazing sight!
Stretching far into the distance …was the Ocean….. Turquoise blue
And a “Giant” loomed behind us…it was a spectacular mountain view!
The sun…. was smiling smugly…. and it promised…. it would please
And exotic trees were swaying… in the gentle, welcome breeze.
We ventured to the inlet…..and the sea said…. “Come and swim!“
The water sparkled brightly….. with rocks and fishes in.
My mind recalls the echo…. of the rare acoustic sound
As we swam beneath the stark, harsh cliffs…. of this “Paradise“ we’d found.
In contrast …. near the largest pool…..dwelt the “Oopla Oopla! Man”
But we much preferred …..to hear the birds….whilst topping up our tan.
But if you like loud music…..and fun is what you seek
“The Oopla! Man” will tend your needs ….several times throughout the week.
Damnoni Beach… was calling us …..on the far side of the hill
We took on the “steps” and reached the top….the view was quite a thrill!
After Twenty minutes strolling ….we were cooling in the sea
Then …to a beach Taverna …. to have a beer or two (or three!)
On returning to Kalypso….we dressed for evening meal
The restaurant…. it was pleasant….with a warm and welcome feel.
I’d describe the food as plentiful…..good and tasty …rustic fare
But if you’re looking for food labels….there won’t be any there!
If you’re not sure what’s on offer….be it …Beef or Pork or Lamb
Your question will be answered…by the friendly kitchen man.
Twice we rode to Plakias…..on the little trundle bus
More glorious views and scenery….was enjoyed…. by both of us
We laid our towels upon the sand….under the shade of an old beach tree
We read some pages from our books……then cooled off in the sea.
Our week went by quite quickly….we didn’t go too far
Of course… you can venture further….if you choose to hire a car.
All the workers at Kalypso… are the best you’ll ever meet
In this little bit of paradise….tucked away in Crete.
If you’re not expecting “Gourmet food“…. and you’re happy with “Plonky wine”
You will enjoy this…unique, charming place….and you will have a lovely time!
Sheila & Andy Wiggins. Bristol. UK.
Stayed “All Inclusive” June 17th - 25th 2014.
Thanks Kalypso for a lovely holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kalypso Cretan Village is situated at Plakias, 31 kms south of Rethymnon and 115 kms of Heraklion Airport. The Hotel is located in the grandiose environment of a small isolated gulf. It lies in 50.000 sq meters full of gardens and hanging rocks and has been created with respect to nature beauty and keeping the traditional Cretan style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Despegar.com, Expedia, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Kalypso Cretan Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kalypso Cretan Village Hotel Plakias
- Kalypso Cretan Village Plakias, Crete, Greece