“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tryp by Wyndham Munich North

You added Tryp by Wyndham Munich North to your Saves list
Tryp by Wyndham Munich North
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Dietersheimerstr 58, 85375 Neufahrn bei Freising, Bavaria, Germany (Formerly Best Western Grand City Hotel Muenchen Neufahrn)   |
Marana, Arizona
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2009

We stayed at the ACHAT on the return leg of our vacation. Booked the room at the last minute through Hotels.com at a really good rate. The hotel was a ten minute taxi ride from the airport and is located down a neat little side street of Neufahrn. I liked the fact that I knew I was close to the airport, but felt like I was in a little German town far away from any airport. The hotel is very well maintained, I thought almost new looking, very clean and the reception staff was wonderful; very attentive, friendly and accommodating. They quickly had us in a room and shuttle service confirmed for the morning. The room was also very clean and neat as a pin. Bathroom was spotless. We wanted to stretch our legs after our flight, so we walked the short distance into Neufahrn and had a delicious meal at the corner Gasthof. Service and food there was top-notch, varied and well priced. Excellent waitress. Back at ACHAT we had a nightcap with Ute, another guest we met, at the cozy bar next to reception. In the morning our shuttle driver was there ahead of time, the hotel served us free coffee, and we enjoyed a beautiful misty sunrise on the way to the airport. Our driver provided superb service at the hotel and airport. Our trip ended with a most excellent stay at ACHAT. Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Wolfsburg, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2009

Called the airport in the morning and asked for pick up... My flight was late the pick up was there and I was happy. Arrived at the Hotel (not a real Airport location ... 15 minutes car ride) and got the keys for a little room. Internet yes ... but for 8 Euros a hour! Price and value ok, but the room was so small and in the morning only cold water for the shower. No room service ... but good Weizenbeer...

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2008

We needed to stay close to the Munich Airport for one night and found this to be reasonably priced, compared to the hotels at the Airport. ACHAT Hotel Airport Munich is not at the Airport but several stops on the train route towards Munich (possibly 10 kms away).
Once at Neufahrn, which is a small village, you have to take a local bus for a short journey to Dietersheimer Strasse. We told our bus driver to stop when he came to the Hotel, but he forgot and we kept going along the country lane until he looked back and saw us still on the bus. He kindly stopped at the next stop where a bus stood, and arranged with that driver to take us back to the Hotel stop, much to the delight of ALL the passengers on both buses. Who knows what he told them!
The Hotel was very clean, comfortable and we had a delightful corner room overlooking peaceful fields. Quite a change to bustling city streets. Breakfast was extra so we decided to have it in the village on our way to the Airport. However we did have dinner in the hotel restaurant as we were too far from a cafe or bakery, - it was costly, but the service and food were excellent and staff were helpful and friendly. Room-only for two was AU$255.00. incl taxes.

• Liked — Comfort, cleanliness, friendliness of staff, in a village/country setting.
  • Disliked — Off the beaten track - an effort to get there.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Lafayette, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2008

I did not select this hotel myself; this stay was part of the Cosmos tour of Central Europe. Unless you have a car, the location is terrible. Even within Neufahrn, the S-bahn station (train to get into Munich) is miles away from the hotel. The staff was pretty rude at check in too. Glad to leave.

Stayed December 2007

Travelers are raving about these Neufahrn bei Freising hotels

Brazil
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2008

The town is something to be said: a lovely, lovely town with a warm welcome people. The hotel is also lovely. The construction is cute and the room, althought a little bit small, it was not bad at all. The staff was friendly but (sometimes) it seems they were not ready to host foreigners with all the hotel facilities that it's commom to this kind of business.

There was a kind of misunterstading when we arrived at the airport. I read about a shuttle that I could take from the airport for 6 euros fee per person. It was not easy to find it but it was just because I was tired of the flight. (my fault!)

He told me that he was a little surprised for not having any advise that I was arriving (which was a commom practice at the hotel) and that would made him wait for me as soon as I had left customs.

The driver also told us the the Achat chain had made a special deal with this taxi/shuttle interprise to give theirs guests a very private attention and that could made possible to have any ride at any time helping customers to avoid queue or transport schedule ("just a call and we'll be there")

When we arrived at the hotel there were two rooms booked for me and my wife - mine was a business room.
The room seemed smaller than I was expecting (much smaller than the business room shown at the hotel folder and ads)

But I was feeling fine and the city was waiting for us. So we left the hotel for a walk. (Do it: it's a lovely town as I said). When we came back I asked for the Lufthansa telephone at the front desk but no one knew it. I asked for the Munich airport information telephone - no one knew either.

I noticed that "Airport" on the hotel's name was worthless. But everyone was helpful to find it out for me and they did.

The night sleep was ok. The view from our room showed a beautifil field and the sunrise was gorgeous. When I was doing the check-out I asked for the shuttle and the recepcionist asked me if I had made a prior reservation for it because there was a need of 24 hour booking police . No one told us. No one asked me at the check-in. (No one told me if breakfast was included. At what time. Where).

I asked for another taxi and girl from the front office made a call and asked me if I could wait 10 minutes for it. It was not what I was thinking of but what should I have done?

After 10 minutes they told me that was a "taxi problem in town" and if it's ok for a delay. What should I do? I was on time when a was at the check-in. At that moment I wasn't.

The taxi problem was not really their fault. But the mixed information of taking it was.

The staff vanished at the back office (not a single eye contact of simpathy)

I stayed at the hotel primaly because I didn't want to be in a hurry on the day of leaving Europe. I decided for the Achat which I tought it would made my travel easier.

Something must be said: congratulations on the very nice welcome staff at breakfast!

I certainly will stay at Neufarhn next time. I hope the hotel gives some attention to these faults to convince me to stay there again.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — Some lack of informaion
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Tryp by Wyndham Munich North? Share your experiences!