When Rick Steve's described this place as family friendly, he wasn't kidding. What a quaint establishment with fairly large clean rooms, nice showers, no TVs, and chickens just outside your window (don't worry, no bad smells!) My family of four loved staying here, the owners, though they only spoke a small amount of English were extremely helpful, and even made breakfast for us with fresh eggs from their chicken coupe.
- Beautiful farm setting
- Location is away from any major cities, you really feel "away from it all", but can get to the lovely Chenonceau chateaux within just a few minutes drive.
- Wonderfully friendly and helpful owners.
- Breakfast is included in room's price.
- Cash only, but as long as you know in advance you should be fine.
- No TVs, this actually might be considered a good thing.
- Wifi - is spotty, and you must be outside to use it. I think this is why they don't advertise - having wifi, but it is an option if you absolutely need it.
- Must have a car to get here.
- Don't recall there being AC available, but I could be wrong, we didn't need any while there.
Overall, this place was wonderful to stay in, and I recommend to travelers at any level, especially families. We will be coming back.
- Also Known As:
- La Chevalerie France/La Croix-En-Touraine