“excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Krumers Post Hotel & Spa

You added Krumers Post Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Krumers Post Hotel & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Dorfplatz 25, Seefeld in Tirol 6100, Austria (Formerly Hotel Die Post)   |
Ranked #16 of 66 Hotels in Seefeld in Tirol
south wales
“excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

We recently returned from our 3rd visit to the Krumers and I can honestly say that I would not consider any other Hotel in the village. The accomodation was excellent along with the food. Staff are always willing to help, Joseph in particular. What a wonderful place to stay.
Already booked for January 2013

Room Tip: The suite overlooking the square is excellent
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

Nothing short of excellence!

Stayed for four nights in mid February 2012 for a family vacation of skiing.

The staff is great and very attentive. Extremely multi-lingual. I've heard them German, English, French, Italian, Spanish at a very good level. Every request we had was always accommodated with a big smile.

The location is wonderful, smack in the middle of town. Parking is complimentary for guests. If you arrive by train, it is 2 minutes walk from the station. Likewise it is 2 minutes walk for the shuttle that takes you to the skiing hills and the cross country tracks.

The spa is magnificent, the pool is very warm with great views and great lounge areas. Everything, and especially the pool area is very modern and it is visible that no expenses were spared when designing the entire second floor spa&pool area. Splendid. Superb.

We had the halfboard stay (not even sure if you can book on another basis) and the food was very good both for breakfast and for dinner. There are snacks served in the afternoon and a tea bar is always open at the spa&pool area. We are quite the foodies and the food was different and well prepared every day. The dinner is a-la-carte, five dish dinner. Do yourself a favour and order the half-board, it is definitely worth it.

The common areas are spotless even with the harsh snow conditions, not even a single salt stain to be found anywhere. The rooms are very clean and inviting as well.

We had a large room with two bedrooms that were connected with a door. Both rooms, bathroom and toilet were quite large even by North American standards. Plenty of space to do some R&R and spread your things around. We also had a balcony that wasn't very useable due to it being -12 C outside, but the view was great.

The Wi-Fi signal was strong both in our room and in the lobby. In the spa area it was weak and not always present, but water and technology are enemies anyways... :)

Overall A+++. Will definitely go back. Both for location and services and for the staff that was excellent all along.

Room Tip: We had room 413. Largest room at the hotel. Great room overall. Close to the elevators and to the st...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
The Hague
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

Krumers Post has a wonderful spa with excellent deals. The staff is pleasant and friendly, the interior is modern. There is an excellent pool (30 C) and various seating areas where you can quietly read and relax. The two saunas offer a majestic view of the mountains. Everything is clean and tidy. I highly recommend the massages by Dennis. He makes you feel comfortabel and relaxed at the same time. There are many spas you can visit in Seefeld and I have seen quite a few of them: Krumers Spa stole my heart.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

Absolutely enjoyed my stay at Krumers Post Hotel over Christmas. I had a large, comfortable room with a great view. The bed was great, the bathroom was excellent with tub and shower and the staff was helpful.

Short walk to church, a number of great restaurants and the Christmas pavillions. I didn't find it noisy as was indicated by some Internet postings I read before my stay, the church bells tolled a few times but I enjoyed hearing them.

The food service and food quality were great, but the fare was a bit beyond my simple palate. If you are coming for the wurst and schnitzel you need to skip the meager lunch and try the local restaurants.

My family and I are not big wine drinkers, but if we were the cost of the wine at about 30 Euros a bottle and up would have added hundreds of Euros to our bill. No drinks were included in our half board and just FYI there was even a charge for bottled water. I didn't see anyone drinking beer.

Overall and A+ experience that I would happily repeat.

Room Tip: We had a range of rooms, naturally the largest one facing the church was the best.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights during November 2011 (low season) when almost all of the other hotels (and being honest most of Seefeld's facilities) were closed. Still - if you want to get away from it all & you love the Alps & the great outdoors - The Krumers Post Hotel was a real find. Even if you're looking for a relaxing spa hotel & you're not that sold on mountains - give it a try, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Firstly the staff, I honestly can't complement them enough. I've been to many hotels over the years, and visited many Michelen starred restaurants - the hotel staff were some of the nicest & friendliest I've encountered. Everyone bent over backwards to make us feel welcome, right the way from the first experience at the front desk. The receptionist welcomed us, shook my hand & after checking us in, personally showed us to our room! The restaurant staff were all really fun & hardworking - we saw the same waiters at breakfast & dinner - again they made us feel very welcome, made us laugh and we had a lot of banter with them! I was genuinely sad to leave. I only speak basic German, most of the staff spoke great English and they seemed to think it genuinely novel to have English guests in the hotel (how often does that happen?) They really made us feel special :)

The spa & pool area are very modern and spacious - there's a lot of places to relax, chill out, recover. If you have a stressful job & need to get away for a long weekend, I'd strongly recommend this as a bolthole. One advanced warning - the Sauna & Steam Room are "Austrian Culture" - i.e. bathing costumes are forbidden, you're expected to sit nude on a towel in the Sauna. If you're British like me, this might seem a fairly daunting prospect - try it though, there are not many occasions in life where you get to sit in a room full of naked (mostly pretty good-looking) strangers.

The restaurant is great - tasty buffet breakfast, they served a 'snack' in the lobby between 2:30 and 4 something - soup, cake, bread, salad -- exactly what you need after a mornings hiking. Dinner is lovely - 5+ course meal, some days starting with a salad bar. Modern & interesting dishes, talented chef, nice wine recommendations.

I think there are different types of rooms, some newly refurbished - we stayed in a 'classic' non-refurbished room, pretty alpine in its decor style - think pine furniture & panelling. The bed was a little hard and could have done with a couple of extra pillows - I'm nitpicking though. Our room was also pretty hot, despite turning the radiators off - this is probably a feature when there's snow outside I guess.

So to summarize - loved it, great spa, great pool, awesome staff, quite 'homely' - not too stuffy or formal. Great place to get away from it all - whether you're the outdoor type or just want to laze around in the spa all day. We'll definitely go back.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Konstanz, Baden-Württemberg, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

Krumers Post Hotel is located in the center of Seefeld, Casino, Bars and Restaurants as well as shops are nearby.
The rooms are big enough and the interior is well but could be renovated by time. Some rooms I have seen were more modern, with new bathrooms.
The spa centre is really new, big an beautiful. I warmly recommend the treatments, professional staff. We had a wonderful view to the mountains in the surrounding area.
Breakfast was good, great choice of friuts, bread, eggs etc. Dinner was good as well, not that special but nice.
The afternoon snack could have been better, i just expected something else than one soup and one salad. Also the promised snacks in the spa centre haven't been like I expected, just some apples and banana chips. But a nice choice of water and tea.

Room Tip: Don't know if it helps, 101 was a non-renovated room and 222 was a renovated room.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Zürich
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

room ok, but old and very noisy from outsideparty,....
bathroom very old and in bad condition,....
only part of the hotel was renovated,.....
brekfast was better than the dinner,....
afternoon snack "poor" and boreing,...
loacted int the center of Village,...
staff was very friendly,....
mostly Italian guests,....

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Krumers-Post, Inhaber at Krumers Post Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 4, 2011
Thank you very much for your review! It is very sad that you were not happy with your room but if you would tell us the situation we would react immediatley and offer you another room to the quiet backyard of the hotel. Sorry about the afternoon snacks, we offer each day different cold snacks like salads, home-made cakes, coffee, tea and a soup. Our restaurant is open whole day, it would have been a pleasure for us to offer you something else from our menu card.

We try to fulfill all wishes from our guests and hope that you will join us again for your next holiday, with big pleasure we will follow our biggest goal: To make all our guests happy!

Yours sincerly
Alois Albrecht

Been to Krumers Post Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!