“Beautiful Indian Retreat” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Inn Seventh Heaven

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pushkar
Inn Seventh Heaven
Next to the Mali Ka Mandir | District Ajmer, Pushkar 305022, India   |
Ranked #1 of 64 Pushkar B&B and Inns
“Beautiful Indian Retreat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in room #1 on the top floor and it was a lovely time. The green glass domed roof lent lovely lighting to a relaxing reprieve. Food at the charming resturant is also good. Very short walk to market and lake.

• Stayed June 2013

582 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I loved this place. So glad I stayed here. It really made my time in Pushkar and to be honest, I was quite sad to be leaving.

Inn Seventh Heaven is kind of hidden away. Behind the huge doors, you wouldn't know that there's an oasis of serenity waiting for you.
I arrived in the evening, after a long bus journey, during the hottest time of the year in India. I was sweaty, tired and frankly quite cranky.
As soon I stepped through the small door within the big door of this place, I immediately started to feel rested.
It's an incredibly stylish haveli ............. all my family and friends know I'm such a fusspot about things like this, so I very much appreciate great taste and also the architecture of this building. I love renovated properties and this one didn't disappoint.
I stayed in a room called Gayatri, which was very large. Had the biggest bed ever (the size of my bedroom in London), air-conditioning and a nice, clean bathroom.

All the people who worked there seem to be very helpful and friendly.

It's a great place and I felt very safe here, particularly as I was travelling alone as a single woman.

My only disappointment is this .......... that I was staying at this place as a single woman - it's so freakin romantic ............ what a waste .............. ah, maybe next time :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Pushkar was a must visit place and we saw good reviews of his hotel. A nice functional place to stay. If you want western luxury then go elsewhere. If you want a taste of Pushkar then stay here. Food was great and the rooftop restaurant had excellent views. The staff were very friendly and helpful at all times. The short walk into the main street of Pushkar makes this an ideal location. No lifts so be prepared for stairs. Loved the courtyard and the big entrance gate. We loved Pushkar with it's Gypsies and spiritual elements. This hotel made our stay a very relaxing and pleasant visit.

Room Tip: Find out what floor your room might be on if you don't like stairs.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Completely transformed ! was my stay in Pushkar when I discovered the luxurious , centrally located Seventh Heaven Inn. Infact, I may make so bold as to say that it was indeed the peak of my travel comfort in India. Of course we all know you can be budget big time in this wonderful country, but then few of us get to experience that next level of Indian hospitality and Seventh Heaven Inn is certainly that.

The greeting of sparkling cleanliness was the first thing that took me by surprise when I stepped through the Impressive doorway into this splendidly renovated old Rajasthani building. This coupled with their warm, friendly, helpful and professional welcome, instantly made me feel that moving from my other hotel was so the right decision.

The choice of rooms was overwhelming, all with charming names each one remarkably unique, beautifully lit, perfectly clean and with breathtaking interior design.

The beds huge and comfortable and so too the shower rooms, spacious with local stone marble walls and floors. Every last detail well thought out. Authentic antique Indian furniture adorn every nook and cranny, large hanging sofas swing softly in the breeze coming off the Rajasthani desert, and a feeling of total relaxation pervades the soul.

The food I ate here was outstanding, certainly the best I have had on my whole tour of India. From breakfast, lunch and Dinner, all enjoyed on separate floors, each with its own theme .....once you are embedded in the Seventh heaven world, it is very hard to step outside.

Breakfast, with its variety of teas or pot of freshly filtered, aromatic coffee, fresh fruits, cold yogurt (curd) and local pure honey, is to die for.

Lunch can be served downstairs on ground level, surrounded by trees, vines, chirruping birds and a glorious fountain, making one feel cool and tranquil at the hottest and most hectic time of the day. The theme of the these ample and reasonably priced dishes is “Pushkar street food”, all a tantalizing tasty introduction to real local street fare.

Dinner can be served on the plush, relaxed and too comfortable ambience of the roof top terrace, catch the sunset over the stunning, arid surrounding landscape, decorated with temples atop rocky peaks, whilst languishing in yet more hanging sofas or comfy seating awaiting the best of Indian or cosmopolitan cuisine you will taste in Pushkar. The Seventh Heaven Pasta is a must have, their Tali also is magnificent and they do a most superb Pizza to boot.

The most difficult thing about being in The Seventh Heaven Inn is choosing which room to stay in, where to sit and relax, where to eat and what to eat.....because all of it is just so perfect one really doesn’t want to miss a trick.

Room Tip: all good rooms, although I would prefer above ground level, for the breeze
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

The rooms are in my opinion a bit overpriced. I mean everything is nicely funished and clean but still a bit too expensive. The beds are actually really long, good for tall people, only it is a bit strange that the sheets are not matching size.
Chill out places and rooftop are awesome, but we did not find the food very special.
We used laundry service and one of the items was a sleeping bag. There was some sand on the inside from sleeping in the desert. After it had been washed and returned the sand was still there. So most likely the did not turn in inside out or maybe they did not wash it at all.
Would go back if prices for rooms were lower. We did get a 10% off season discount. It was not possible to reserve the cheapest room over the phone on the morning of our arrival. Very strange policy.

• Stayed May 2013
Christiansted, St. Croix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Can't say enough good things about Inn Seventh Heaven !! From the glorious decor to the fabulous roof top restaurant it is by far the BEST place to stay in India !! The staff are warm and friendly and will bend over backwards to help in any way they can. The owner Anoop is charming and will do his utmost to make your stay in India as stress free as possible . The rooms are divine, each one meticulously decorated with Rajasthani antiques and lovely textiles. The views from the roof top of Pushkar are breathtaking . If you are looking for that special place to rest but still want to taste quintessential India head to Seventh Heaven !!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Darwin, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Inn Seventh Heaven is my favourite place to stay in all of India. Every time you walk through those big front doors you truely feel like you have arrived in heaven! The courtyard is so beautiful and peaceful, the food is delicious and the staff and the owner are the nicest people you could ever meet.

I travelled to Inn Seventh Heaven with my 3 children and would totally recommend Inn Seventh Heaven to anyone travelling to Pushkar with children. My children had a fantastic time here and they especially love the 2 dogs Cleo and Baloo!

Inn Seventh heaven you are the BEST :-)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Inn Seventh Heaven? Share your experiences!