“A great Indian experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 9 Activities in Pushkar
Type: Classes/Workshops, Classes
newcastle upon tyne
4 attraction reviews
“A great Indian experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

What a great evening. Deepa taught my wife and I how to cook 3 dishes and then we sat outside and ate them. Everything was explained step by step while my wife keanly made notes. Deepa's children sat outside doing their schoolwork before being joined by a couple of friends interested in seeing the "Blonde woman and the tattooed man". Even though the electric went off leaving the whole town in darkness we would say this is a night not to be missed. I had the "torch App" on my phone while Deepa and my wife chopped onions and peeled spuds. I was camera man capturing the magic of the moment. Deepa is a good cook and the food was so tasty, but it's more than that. It's about sharing the company of some lovely people. The simplicity of their lives make you very humble. If you want to discover "Indian family life" then this is not to be missed.

Visited April 2013

Busan, South Korea
198 attraction reviews
“Great Class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I was in a class alone which was a great experience. She taught me how to make Dal, Vegetable Rice and Aloo (potato) Paratha which she said were her favorites.
You do have to take your own notes, so bring some paper!
You can buy spices from her/her mom as well.
Watch out for your shoes--a monkey might try to steal them (didn't happen to me, but she said it might)

Visited March 2013
“A delicious and fun experience!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Deepa is wonderful! She taught us how to make three dishes in three hours and we couldn't get enough! There is a great family atmosphere that you easily fall in love with. We learned more than just cooking- we got a real taste of the life of a Rajasthani family business (cooking, dancing and music school). Deepa is multi talented and works hard to provide for her family and does an amazing job. We had a really good time and can't wipe the smile off our faces or the happiness off our tummies! The food was sooo go- great way to spend your time (and money). VERY RECOMMENDED!

Visited April 2013
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
5 attraction reviews
“In my heart forever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

If you want to go for a cookingclass that offers so much more than just food you have to go for this class. Deepa didi is so sweet and she showers you with warmth. Her love for food is so great that you can taste it in the dishes. It's amazing. What makes the experience fun is that the whole family is there and they are all such wonderful and fun people. Her brother teaches danceclasses in the same building. Back to the food...hahaha!! We learned to make so many dishes and everything was good. She was not checking her watch or anything, actually when we finished the first few dishes she asked us if we wanted to learn some more. I cant wait to try and make everything myself now that i am back home cause she made it all seem so easy. If i ever get the chance to go back to India i want to stay in Pushkar a few days with them. Seeing the family together, being a part of their day really made me feel like...ahhhh this is India. It made my experience complete.

Visited March 2013
“You have just got to do this. I went three times. Like being with a loving family. Did not want to leave.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

I am no cook but thought i would give it a go. Was so impresed that i went three days runing. Would have liked to have done more. So looking forward to going home and cooking for the family. I even got the spices. Anyone going ask about the mango spice. Amazing. Thank you and your family for making me so wellcome. Yvonne