“Peaceful, relaxing, fantastic food.” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Panch Kund Road, Pushkar 305022, India   |
Ranked #3 of 34 Hotels in Pushkar
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Peaceful, relaxing, fantastic food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We had a really nice stay here for three nights; for us it felt like we were out in the country...quiet, peaceful, you could actually hear insects and animals! But yet a quick 10 min stroll will have you in the centre of Pushkar.

As others have mentioned, there is a lovely breeze that blows through here, so sitting out on the terrace for breakfast, dinner and reading was very pleasant. Staff were very friendly, the food fantastic and tasty. We found eating options on the whole pretty bland in Pushkar - the usual backpacker grub - so this was a big plus!

For the price you pay, Prem Villas represents pretty great value, with clean, spacious rooms, comfortable beds, good AC and wifi. TVs are in the room but the reception is limited; only one English-language channel. Didn't bother us though, and neither did the power cuts (Pushkar suffers the worst power outages we've encountered across India with several every day). However there is some back up and, despite it being the middle of summer, it really wasn't too hot. So, lord forbid, if both AC and fan went off, you didn't feel like heat was threatening at your door, and it remained pretty pleasantly comfortable.

All in all, a good, solid choice for us!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
mahawar, Owner at Hotel Prem Villas, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you so much for your review. It was very kind of you to take the time to let me know how much you enjoyed your stay. I was very happy that you had the opportunity to stay with us at Premvillas and I do hope that you will come again. I hope that you and your family are well and wish you all the very best from all the staff here.
Owner and Manager Premvillas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Polish first
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

This was our first trip to Pushkar and the stay at Hotel Prem Villas
just made this so memorable. In case you are looking for a comfortable, soothing, quiet and "service with a personal touch", then this is the place for you.
From the friendly and cooperative owners of the property, great location, and amazing garden there are so many things about Hotel Prem Villas that make it the property to stay at. We had a nice and comfortable stay indeed. F&B is good.
Very friendly warm greeting by the staff and owner, rooms are spotless and the ambience is such that you don’t want to leave to do anything like sightseeing. Front of Hotel was very good natural mountain, which looks very good. Peaceful environment.

Room Tip: Room- 1st floor room like 212 or 211.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
mahawar, General Manager at Hotel Prem Villas, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
+919414666830
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Pawan greeted us promptly as we arrived at his hotel at 8pm, drenched and tired from having walked from the bus stop in Pushkar.
The hotel was spacious, the room huge, and fairly clean. We had dinner in their restaurant, which was delicious (the lady fingers and the veg korma). We checked out the next morning at 10am before checking out the sights. Pawan took us on his motorbike to the centre!
When we got back, he offered us a room to freshen up, and then got one of his staff to drive us by jeep to the bus stop back to Ajmer.
Location is good -quiet and away from the tourist strip (you either love it or hate it!)
Wonderful stay albeit very short.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Beautiful place, nice quiet area. Come here to enjoy the rustic natural beauty of the place and have a good nights sleep. Come to Relax here. The hotel also arranged an effective taxi pick-up from Ajmer railway station. Impeccable service and personal touch by the proprietor. I plan to come here for a weekend rest and relax.

• Stayed June 2013
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Pushkar , the king of pilgrimages, has much more to offer than the Ghats and the only Brahma temple in the world... the calm, peace and breathtaking serenity. Hotel Prem villas , a quaint property adds to the charm to any purpose of your visit. At panch Kund road the hotel sits facing a large piece of the aravallis, at a stone throw distance, with green well manicured gardens and at a comfortable walking distance from the Ghats and the markets.
The Hotel does not boast of a swimming pool or a health club, but certainly assures you of comfortable clean rooms with good size toilets. The room furniture is basic yet the mattresses will promise you a good sleep day or night. The rooms are also spotted by a small TV the cable signals for which are nothing to boast about. Most rooms on the first floor have a sit outs along the corridors which are swept by pleasant breeze throughout the day. Evening at the hotel was splendid; Dinner at the sit out with a panoramic view of the aravallis, overlooking the gardens of the property, with deliciously prepared home cooked food.
The Food is yet another attraction. The property has a modest kitchen where fresh eateries are prepared for every meal , forget the menu.... just ask for what you desire and you are treated with piping hot food, moderate in quantities but sans all oil and grease lacings, I’m sure no one goes back home from here with an upset tummy!!
A vital ingredient in any establishment is its upkeep and service efficiency. I would give 5 stars to that. Mr. Pawan the owner of the property was to be seen taking care of our room service , the kitchen, to the transport to the temple at 5am in the morning to the beautiful roses plucked out of the gardens given to us on our check out. He had his hand and mind into everything that goes on and in his property. Kudos to him and his staff for making it so comfortable. By the end of it felt as it was our own hotel....!!!
The main street of pushkar gives you an entrance to all the 52 Ghats and some of the most beautifully small eateries I’ve come across with global cuisines.
Apart from the only Bramha temple in the world , the Ghats and Vishnu Temple there is a must see.
Tips: 1. Don’t worry Mr. Pawan takes care of it all , whatever you may need.
2. Get a room on the first floor , you might not get a direct access to the garden but you surely will get the breeze to brush your hair.
3. All rooms are good but go in for 110 as it faces 3 sides of the property.
4. Security should be the least of your botherations so if you feel like sleeping out ... do it!!
From Delhi I advise you take the Ajmer Shatabdi , Go the the Ajmer Sharif Dargah, take a cab which takes about half an hour to Pushkar.
And when you get to Prem Villas do say my hi to Mr. Pawan Mahawar.

Room Tip: Get a room on the first floor , you might not get a direct access to the garden but you surely will...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel. It was good of you to take time to tell me your opinion of our hotel. I am very happy that you had a wonderful time and that you enjoyed your stay in Pushkar. I hope that you will come again to Pushkar and that I will have the opportunity to serve you once more. I wish you and your family well. Kind regards and good health!

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I am doing a whistlestop tour of Rajesthan at a very hot time and to be able to relax part way was high on my agenda. Prem villas met and exceeded my expectations. Friendly welcome from the start. good food cooked to order, good service, value for money clean spacious room and excellent location. I was able to easily get into town to sight see, then welcomed the relaxation and quiet on my return. I stayed 2 nights but wish it had been longer.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

thankyou

Truro, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

We stayed at Prem Villas after we were recommended it by a friend. We travel on a budget and the price was very affordable. The rooms are spotlessly clean and come equipped with AC, soap, towels and toilet paper which is a luxury after some of the dives we have stayed in. As there are three of us we needed an extra bed which was provided for an extra 100 rupees per night. The hotel is a a bit off the main drag but has beautiful gardens and is calm and peaceful. the staff were hugely helpful and friendly and were always happy to assist us with whatever we needed. if i ever return to Pushkar then i would defiantly stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask to see a few rooms as they vary in size but all are very good quality
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Manager Prem Villas

Been to Hotel Prem Villas? Share your experiences!