1. Room not as per our booking:
For our trip in Nov coinciding with the start of the Pushkar Camel Fair, we had booked a room for 3 nights in Feb / Mar (more than nine months before our trip). During our telephone calls and emails with Pawan Mahawar, we had specifically requested a Second Floor Room and were assured that we would be given one on our arrival at the hotel. The reason for requesting a Second Floor room: A. Being a photographer, we needed to leave the hotel around 5AM each morning for sunrise & early morning photography at the Camel Fair. We therefore we needed a quiet and peaceful room so we could sleep early to get up around 4-4.30 AM each day. B. Previous travellers had recommended Second Floor rooms being cleaner and nicer than those on the first floor.
When we arrived at the hotel, Pawan was out grocery shopping. The boys at the hotel asked us to wait while they cleaned the first floor room right next to the Hotel Reception. When we told them that we had booked a second floor room, the reply was 'The hotel is sold out and there are no more rooms available'. We accepted thinking that Pawan would help us when he came back. That evening we spoke to Pawan who gave the following reason: The guest who was staying in the second floor room that was to be allocated to us, decided to extend his stay by 5 more days. Pawan however assured that he would try to move us to the second floor room the next day, but this never happened.
That night as we slept, around 10.30PM we were woken up by the noise of a lot of people right outside our room. When I stepped out I realized that a bus had just offloaded about 10 Chinese tourists who were doing the check-in formalities. To my surprise, all these guests were alloted rooms on the second floor. This meant that atleast 5 second floor rooms were kept ready for these foreign guests while we were told that not a singe room was available on the second floor. The next afternoon when I asked Pawan about this, his reply was "Unhone bahut jyada paise diye hain" meaning 'the Chinese guests have paid a lot more money' and that is why they were accomodated on the second floor. This reply was utterly shocking and puts his honesty & integrity towards his guests in question. I told him that it was completely unethical on his part to relegate us to the first floor room right next to the reception and provide preferential treatment to others whom he has charged more money.
Here are other points which put us off completely.
2. We asked Pawan for a few clothes hangers in our room and he just ignored our request.
3. Lizzards in Bathroom: We were shocked to see 2 lizzards in the bathroom when we woke up and had to ask for help at 5AM in the morning to get rid of these. This was inspite of the room and bathroom windows being shut. We had to ask one of the hotel boys Pappu to get rid of the lizzards.
4. Unclean Towels: The 2 towels that were provided in the room were not even up to basic standards. One had a big black spot throughout. There was not a single hand towel or napkin provided. We were carrying our own towels and napkins and used these during the 2 nights that we stayed.
5. Long wait for Lunch & Dinner: After placing our order for lunch we had to wait for 45 mins for the food to be served. We were the first ones, so you can imagine the plight of the guests who came in later. For the dinner, it was an even longer wait of more than one hour.
6. No internet: The internet did not work the first night at all, inspite of best efforts of the staff at the reception. On the second night, it started, but was extremely slow to be of any use.
7. No Housekeeping / Room Cleaning: During the 2 days that we stayed and visited the Camel Fair (there's a lot of dust and sand that accumulates on the clothes / shoes), the room was not cleaned even once inspite of our request.
What hurt us most were the replies by Pawan regarding allocation of second floor room to guests whom he had charged a higher amount. It was clear to us that he preferred money over and above anything else, including his committment to guests. As a result of our above experiences, we decided to leave this hotel after 2 days (even though we had booked for 3 days).
During check-out, Pawan wanted to charge us for the 3rd day's non-stay saying he would suffer a loss. First of all I told him that he had failed to keep his word to us and then repeated what he had told us over the 2 days that we were there.....1. The guest on the second floor extending his stay for 5 more days inspite of the hotel being completely booked and 2. The travelers who paid more for their rooms than us. So where was the question of his suffering any loss ??? He had no answer to this and we then left this hotel.
We have decided NEVER to fall prey to sweet talkers like Pawan hereafter and NOT to stay at any family owned / managed hotels during any of our trips.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prem villas hotel in Pushkar, Rajasthan is not only one of the best value hotels in Pushkar but also offers guests a peaceful and comfortable stay in beautiful surroundings. The hotel is set in lush gardens full of hibiscus and roses with organic vegetables grown in the fields around. The guest’s rooms are all of excellent standard, clean, spacious, light and airy offering modern facilities.The manager’s aim is to make your stay an enjoyable one from the moment you arrive until you leave. He is keen to help make your stay unforgettable and assist with all your needs from arranging transport, excursions such as a camel safari, bike hire or horse-riding. Nothing is too much! If you want to unwind, you can even book a treat such as a relaxing massage, henna designs or a yoga lesson, whatever takes your fancy. His staff are experienced and helpful and are always around to make your play a pleasant one. Whether you stay for one night or a few weeks you’ll want to stay longer!Guest Rooms: All home comforts, our 16 newly designed suites include telephone, room service and restaurant orders, private bathroom which includes:• Shower with hot and cold water.• Each room has a fan, air conditioning unit and satellite television. We are always improving the rooms to make our guests more comfortable with new additions. • On site, the hotel has its own spacious parking area as well as private gardens and a restaurant. • There is also good wifi connection throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld, Agoda, HostelBookers and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Prem Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.