“Average” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Maharaja

Hotel Maharaja
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mandu
Hotel Maharaja
You added Hotel Maharaja to your Saves list
Jahaz Mahal Rd, Mandu, India   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Mandu B&B and Inns
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here on two occasions now and deliberately chose to return to the Maharajah. It may not be the best but for the price its as good as you'll get and the owners are friendly enough. If we return we'll stay there again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Families
Business
Taipei, Taiwan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I admit just as the previous review had said, this hotel is not so clean and well-organized. However, in all the places I visited in India, Mandu is one of the most beautiful, so my impression of this hotel is not that bad. This hotel is not only close to Mahal, it's also so close to the "sunset point," which is a must-see in Mandu. Either in the morning or in the evening, the scenery here is stunning. And the owner and his son actually own good knowledge of Mandu, if you have any problems, they can answer you.They can also guide you to travel around Mandu and that made me have a very good impression of this place.
Since there are not so many budget choices in Mandu, if you come to this hotel and find the room they give you is not so satisfying, you can ask for another room or ask them to clean it (that's how another traveler I met here did). I think this hotel is safe since another girl and I were both solo traveler then and we went home safely. Mandu is really beautiful and there are not so many travelers here. Do visit it when you visit India.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Fukuoka, Japan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I went to Mandu alone in Aug. 2012. I wanted to stay at the guest house which was recommended by a guide book, I went to all of them but no room was available because it was on weekend, Actually Mandu is a small town and not so many guest houses, hotels...
One of the hotel manager helped me to find the hotel and I finally could find the place to stay.....

This hotel locates nearby most attractive tourist point " Jahaz Mahal"(the Ship Palace) but guest house itself was dirty and the staff members were not so helpful nor friendly.
I payed 250rps for Non AC room but room. The price was good for budget travelers, but the room, bathroom were quite dirty. In my bathroom, there were no water supply for shower... quite bad...
Also, about security issue, I didn't feel safe when I was staying at this place especially for solo girl traveler... You must bring your own key at least and lock the room tightly.

I must say that only if you cannnot find any rooms from Rama Guesthouse, Hotel Rupmati, and Tourist Resthouse ,which are budget hotels in Mand, you might try this hotel, otherwise I don't recommend you this guesthouse at all.
This is a very very last choice for budget travelers in Mandu!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Mandu hotels

Been to Hotel Maharaja? Share your experiences!