“Royal Place in MP” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 51 Bhopal B&B and Inns
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Royal Place in MP”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Amar vilas is a decent hotel close to business area, I frequently travel to this place as this is my regional area. I have stayed here couple of time and you can hopp on food any time. Although in any of the MP location food is not a concern and being vegetarian get number of options available.

You may consider this for your routine visits ..quite a good place

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Mumbai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Amar Vilas Hotel in Bhopal is situated in MP Nagar close to the main business precint Jail Road - especially for the nationalised Banks.

Its a functional B&B Hotel which is basic in nature and fulfills your needs for a good bed and shower. I had booked the hotel on the phone and the taxi from the airport took me to the hotel. The facade of the hotel is good and as I got in, I received a warm welcome and the person at the reception was quick to check me in.

I had booked a standard room and as I got in the room, I realised the air-conditioner of the room was not working. I immediately pointed it out to the manager. The manager informed me that the hotel was full which I later found was indeed true) and in the standard rooms this was the only room available. I was mentally preparing myself for a long argument when the manager courteously informed me that he will upgrade me to the next level of rooms. He managed the entire situation and in the next 5 minutes I was in a fully functional deluxe room. I was amazed at this quick level of service and hence give it a thumbs up.

The break fast menu was limited but again was functional. So don't expect an elaborate menu but just Corn-flakes and a traditional snack like Aloo Paratha or Chole Bhature (a bit oily though)

There are many restaurants close-by and you could walk out for a snack if you want variety.

All in all, centrally located, functional budget place which I would surely stay in if I go again to Bhopal

Room Tip: Check the room utilities like TV, air-conditioner as your check in.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Amar Vilas? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Amar Vilas

Address: 183 zone 1, MP Nagar, Bhopal 462011, India
Location: India > Madhya Pradesh > Bhopal
Ranked #28 of 51 B&Bs / Inns in Bhopal
Hotel Class:3 star — Hotel Amar Vilas 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Hotel Amar Vilas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Hotel Amar Vilas, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.