This restaurant was highly recommended to us by other American travelers, who said they ate there several times with no problem. We visited the restaurant at night and saw that it was quite busy, but ended up going elsewhere. The next day we decided to have lunch there despite the fact that at the time it was completely empty. Also we got a look at the kitchen then, and it was quite dirty and low quality.
I strongly suspect we were served food from the night before. Our meal arrived a little too quickly, in about five minutes, and while it was tasty enough we both started exhibiting signs of food poisoning exactly six hours later (stomach cramps, diarrhea, nausea). We both ended up taking antibiotics and suspect that it was this meal that caused the problem.
It might be ok to eat here at night when it is very busy and the food is fresh, but we would recommend avoiding this restaurant during the day.
If you own or manage MoonPeak Thali, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.