This is a great place to stay if you want good conversation, awesome food (smoked honey was my favourite as well as hot soup just like mamma makes). The gorillas were great too but then that's what you go to see. Everest the guide is perhaps the keenest birder ever to tread upon the hallowed earth and even tests you on what you have seen...or nearly seen. The volcanic panarama veiled now and again by mists and the rwenzori appearing on rare occasions make it a pretty magical place. Rob is very cool and always trying to help out. My flip flop even got fixed and that helped me walk again...not in the miracle way but you get my drift.
- Also Known As:
- Nkuringo Gorilla Camp Hotel Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Nkuringo Gorilla Camp Hotel
- Nkuringo Gorilla Camp Uganda/Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Nkuringo Gorilla Camp is located at 2160m ASL astride the Nteko Ridge overlooking a beautiful swath of the world renowned Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park. With a 270 degree panorama from the venue your visual feast includes views of primary forest, the Albertine rift valley and the Virunga volcanoes. Nkuringo Gorilla Camp now offers visitors two beautifully hand crafted luxury cottages (four cottages effective July 1st 2014) in addition to our six Virunga terrace rooms for those gorilla tracking and participating in walking safari activities from the camp. ... more less