Stayed three nights in one of the two the en-suite cottages, and loved every minute of it! I used it as a base to visit the Nkuringo gorilla group (only a short five minute walk away through the town), as well as explore the surrounding hilly countryside and walk through Bwindi NP (a hiker's paradise). The staff at the camp were warm, friendly and very helpful. The meals are substantial and well cooked, and the dining room was set out to make it easy to meet other travellers and share stories. My cottage was lovely - very clean and homely.
Only other thing to mention is to bring an extra few layers as the camp is situated high up on a hill which means it can get a little colder at night, but the plus is that there aren't any mozzies!
- Also Known As:
- Nkuringo Gorilla Camp Hotel Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Nkuringo Gorilla Camp Hotel
- Nkuringo Gorilla Camp Uganda/Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Nkuringo Gorilla Camp is located at 2160m ASL astride the Nteko Ridge overlooking a beautiful swath of the world renowned Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park. With a 270 degree panorama from the venue your visual feast includes views of primary forest, the Albertine rift valley and the Virunga volcanoes. Nkuringo Gorilla Camp now offers visitors two beautifully hand crafted luxury cottages (four cottages effective July 1st 2014) in addition to our six Virunga terrace rooms for those gorilla tracking and participating in walking safari activities from the camp. ... more less