This was our first stop on our recent trip to South Africa. This is a really beautiful jewel box of a hotel - a wonderful welcome after 30 hours of travel. The rooms are spacious and luxurious. We had a sitting area and a private, enclosed outdoor shower in addition to the soaking tub. Our traveling partner did not have a sitting room, but still had a large, comfortable and luxurious room and bath. The heated floors were welcome in the winter morning cold.
We arrived late and left early, and I wish that we had more time to enjoy the property. There are a number of courtyards, patios and pools to enjoy, and it was so tempting to curl up with a book and enjoy the morning. Breakfast offered both hot and cold options, and the hot breakfast was outstanding.
Note: there is no kitchen service available in the evenings. Plan ahead or pick something up if you're planning a late arrival. The property is tucked away behind fences and with a security guard.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Parkwood is a relaxed boutique hotel combining elements of contemporary style with classic comfort.Luxurious,private & secure accommodation in the suburb of Parkwood within walking distance of the underground train station in Rosebank. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your The Parkwood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Parkwood Guest Hotel Johannesburg
- The Parkwood Randburg, Greater Johannesburg