“Great hotel, great staff!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Road Lodge Randburg

Road Lodge Randburg
You added Road Lodge Randburg to your Saves list
Road Lodge Randburg
1.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Cnr Malibongwe Drive & Republic Road, Randburg 2032, South Africa   |
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Randburg
Northampton, Massachusetts
“Great hotel, great staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I stayed at this property for six nights this month and had a wonderful experience. I was in charge of a large group and Rudi, the manager, as well as his staff, went above and beyond each and every day to make sure our group had a great stay. This hotel is a great budget hotel--spacious rooms, good wireless connections, reasonably priced breakfast, and friendly staff. What more could you need while traveling abroad? Would definitely recommend for anyone traveling on a budget. Will be back soon!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at Road Lodge Randburg, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Thank you for the lovely review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Nelspruit, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Quiet for a Road Lodge and instead of being woken up by people leaving for the airport it was the smell of cooking bacon that woke me up. The important features are there and the room was spacious enough for a short stay. No hand towels, kettle or hairdryer go with the budget price and the mattress was not as good as in Town Lodge, but we felt it was good value for two people. We didn't have breakfast at the hotel because there were other cheaper specials at the nearby restaurants.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Gaborone
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for its location. The twin room was clean and all the appliances worked and it had good reading lights. No onion cooking smells annoyed us (as in some fancier hotels) and although the hotel was busy we were not disturbed by noise. The rooms and bathroom arrangements are snug but all the plumbing worked. The receptionists were friendly and helpful and breakfast had fresh fruit salad and enough other food variation for most people. The car park was well attended by security guards. I would stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: Our room was quite close to reception so if the bathroom arrangemnt is too snug for comfort the &quo...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012 via mobile

Geez,I called on 3 Feb to reserve 2 rooms for de nexxt day_i got there I'm welcomed by a forward unproffessional young man whom most of the time he was chatting on de phone with a friend about how he could never be gay in his life.only to find out dey ve only reserve one room for me.

I got into the room,de toilet is dirty n there's no toilet roll n no bath soap. I can't even call de reception cos the phone is out of order.

The most annoying part of all I had my two boys with,we had to sleep with a full blast of the TV volume becos of the hot steaming sex going on next door.as I couldn't explain the funny sounds coming from next door.

• Stayed February 2012
Polokwane, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

I've stayed at many Road Lodges before, and this was the nicest one I've stayed at. The room was still as compact as ever, but it had a new paint smell and the toilet looked as if it has been recently redone. It is close-ish to the Coca-Cola Dome, but not as near as I expected, There are many take-away restaurants within the vacinity, which was helpful.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Lusaka, Zambia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

I was stuck in Jhb and needed a place to sleep, so my GPS took me to the closest Road Lodge. I have stayed at the Randburg Road Lodge and it hasn't really changed. The rooms are comfortable, although the bathroom is tiny. Beware not to knock your elbows while brushing teeth or shaving! The tv has very few channels so I rather read a book. What really impressed me was the number of restaurants and fast food outlets within 1km of the hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Johannesburg, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

We decided to stay at the Road Lodge purely so that we wouldnt have to drive home after a night of partying. If all you looking for is a bed to sleep in for the night, i would recommend the Road lodge, anything more and you better off elsewhere.

You have a choice of smoking or non-smoking rooms, we stayed in a non-smoking room, the bathroom has a small basin and toilet separated from the room with a slide door and the shower next to it. For your clothes you have an open cupboard for about 3 outfits. The TV is tiny and you have the basic channels, there is no restaurant for dinner, however they do supply you with options of nearby restaurants delivered to your room through Mr Delivery.

It is a 24 hour reception Hotel, so people can come and go as they please. We got back to our room at 3.30am and unfortunately I could hear people in and out of their rooms until 5am. The room we were in faced the main road, which any light sleeper would hear every car drive past.

I was impressed to know that they had a generator as we experienced a power outage in the evening and we had electricity back within seconds. Checking out was quick and the set-up for breakfast looked really nice, however for R120 pp it is a total ripoff, when you have Mc Donalds and Wimpy just down the road and can get 2 breakfasts for that price.

This hotel is cheap and what you pay for is what you get.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Road Lodge Randburg? Share your experiences!