“Amazing day at Pilanesberg” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 14 Attractions in Randburg
Type: Tours, Other
More attraction details
Owner description: While on Business in Johannesburg or on vacation take a private 1 day or longer safari to the Pilanesberg National park,Lion park or the Lion and rhino park,Cameras provided,binoculars and refreshments in the SUV . Single , couples or small groups, email or phone.
Houston, Texas
4 attraction reviews
“Amazing day at Pilanesberg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Spent a great day with Dave at Pilanesberg. He allowed me to use one of his digital SLR cameras and gave me tips on how to take quality photos. The day was perfect despite my lack of sleep due to jet lag. Pickup was on time. We spent the morning photographing animals, stopped for lunch, then went back out looking for more animals. We saw 4 of the big 5 and I got some incredible pictures on my sd card. Dave is in the park frequently so he knows the best places to look for the animals. This was a day I will not forget and I will use Dave again without hesitation.

Visited January 2014

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Great safari day trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

We took a day tour from Johannesburg to Pilanesberg with Dave in December. We thought about renting a car and drive ourself first, but are happy we made the decision to go with Dave. The roads to the parc are good so if you have no trouble driving on the left side of the road you could drive yourself if you want to, but we can recommend goining with Dave. It was well worth it. Dave picked us up early in the morning with a nice 4x4 SUV. He got us to the Pilanesberg comfortably. Dave has binoculars and cameras in the car and knows about photography of animals a lot so was able to give us some very usefull tips. He knows his way around the parc and where you will have a good chance to see animals. Sure, some luck is involved too, but we have seen so many animals: elephants, rhinos, hippos, girafs, zebras etc, even two leopards. I am sure we wouldnt have seen this many without Dave. He is a great story teller as well so he will keep you entertained even if you dont see that many animals. So, go with Dave, you will have a fab time!

Visited December 2013
davem100, Owner at Khakiweed Photographic Safaris - Private Day Tours, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Hi Milka,
Thank you for the review , i am glad you had a great time and saw many animals , always a pleasure doing a tour with a couple like you hope you have some good photos to show around , antime in the future let me know it was a pleasure.

Worthing, United Kingdom
“Amazing trip to Pilanesberg!! - Thanks Dave!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

My wife & I went to South Africa for our 10th wedding Anniversary. The outstanding highlight was the day we spent with Dave at Pilanesberg national park. Dave picked us up from the hotel early & took us to the park. I had a camcorder but Dave very kindly let my wife use one of his high quality digital SLR's. We are not experienced using anything other than smartphones for photos but Dave was really good at showing how to use the camera & how to get the perfect shot. As regards the day, Dave's experience coupled with his expertise & passion made it all the more an enthralling experience. We saw all the animals inc Elephants, Rhino, Hippo, Crocodile, Jackal, Monkey, Zebra, Giraffe & Lion. I would highly recommend Dave & a trip to Pilanesberg, book now you won't regret it! Many Thanks again Dave for making our holiday so enjoyable!

Visited December 2013
davem100, Manager at Khakiweed Photographic Safaris - Private Day Tours, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Hi Simon ,
great to meet you guys and glad it was a great day , hope you have Another magic 10 years , and anytime you are back give me a shout , Post some of the Video stuff if you want would love to see some.

Clemson, SC
8 attraction reviews
“Second trip w/Dave--Couldn't be happier!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

My first experience w/Khakiweed was in Pilanesburg and Dave was the perfect tour guide, so when the opportunity arose to visit the Kruger, he was the obvious choice. From start to finish it was perfect. The hotel transfer made it easy (since I didn't have a car), the drive was spent talking about animals and photography (with a little bit of current events and history mixed in for good measure), and then the safari itself--there just are no words to explain the bliss of traversing the huge park and seeing the animals in the wild. Perfect, perfect, perfect!

A note for travelers concerned about safety: As a female travelling alone, I never felt the slightest risk of violence. Don't let anything keep you from experiencing a once-in-a-lifetime trip!

Visited September 2013
Hi Teddi ,
what can i say when someone loves animals and the bush like you do , we could not but get on great , thanks very much for the review , lol now all we got to do is the Kalahari for those famous black manned lions .

keep well
Regards
Dallas, Texas
“Awesome Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

I found Dave on TA after browsing options for what to do during my 4 days in South Africa. Awesome, awesome experience. Dave picked me up at my hotel right on time and off we went to Pilanesberg. I could not have imagined how amazing the day would be. We saw elephants, giraffes, hippos, rhinos, and lions (among many others) up close in their natural environment.

I brought my own camera but am certainly not well-versed in how to use it properly. Dave is a bit of a photography guru and was kind enough to take time when we arrived at the park to help me adjust the settings to improve the photo quality and color. This was great as I snapped hundreds of photos throughout the day as he navigated the park!

To sum it up, Dave provided an amazing experience while exercising caution to ensure a safe tour through these wild animals' habitat. I enjoyed his conversation and extensive knowledge of the animals and South Africa. I give Dave my highest recommendation!

Dave - I made it to Cape Town and managed to score a ticket to the second night of the Dave Matthews Band show! Glad you told me about the other client's plan! Thanks for everything!

Michael

Visited November 2013
Hi Michael ,
Sorry for the late reply been busy , glad you enjoyed and glad Cape Town worked out . Post some of those pics , was great getting to know you , have a great 2014