“Mount Grace: excellent service & perfect relaxation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of African Pride Mount Grace Country House & Spa

You added African Pride Mount Grace Country House & Spa to your Saves list
African Pride Mount Grace Country House & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Old Rustenburg Rd | Private bag 5004, Magaliesburg 1791, South Africa   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Magaliesburg
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Mount Grace: excellent service & perfect relaxation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

I have just spent a weekend of perfect relaxation at the Mount Grace. Besides the quality of the environment, I think the high service ethic of the staff makes this hotel one to visit again. Simply outstanding service. Only are of improvement is to ensure consistency at peak times (lunch) in the restaurant and pool areas. I just found the staff battled with increased numbers especially with visitors for Sunday lunch. As they say, no one is perfect but the staff here were as near to perfection as one would wish for.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
MountGrace, Guest Relations Manager at African Pride Mount Grace Country House & Spa, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear Khwezi 1306

What a great review!

I am delighted to hear that it was a weekend of perfect relaxation at our fine establishment. We pride ourselves with delivering excellent and outstanding service and I am pleased to hear that our TEAM offered you just that.

I have addressed your comment regarding consistent service during peak lunch hours with our Food and Beverage Manager and he has put measures into place to ensure that our GUESTS are not inconvenienced in any way during busy periods.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

GUEST Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Johannesburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

I booked a night at the Mount Grace for my husband and myself so that he could wake up somewhere special on the morning of his birthday. We were so unbelievably spoiled, from a birthday card and a bottle of wine in the room after we checked in to returning to the room after dinner to find that our room had been made up with rose petals, fresh towels folded into swans and chocolates on our pillows - what a treat!
We had dinner at the Rambling Vine restaurant which was SUPERB. The food is exquisitely presented and the portions are perfect - you are able to enjoy a starter, main course and a dessert (IF you go on an empty stomach!). The food has been prepared with perfectly complimentary flavours and the only "complaint" I have is that it is so hard to choose :) I could have tried EVERYTHING.
Thanks for one of the best overnight stays we have had - we definitely want to come back for a longer stay!

Room Tip: The luxury suite is AWESOME. Facing the beautiful mountains with a view of perfect African bushveld...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Angela B

Thank you for the special review.

This means so much to us as we constantly strive to exceed our GUESTS expectations. I have shared your comments with the TEAM and we all look forward to welcoming you back for a longer stay.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I am deeply disappointed with this establishment. I was staying over this past weekend (11 to 13 April) and I forgot my watch and ring in the room. After following up several times with the hotel staff, I just got a call to tell me that they can't find my items. I guess the 5 star rates don't buy honesty.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
MountGrace, Guest Relations Manager at African Pride Mount Grace Country House & Spa, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear KabeloM 135

Thank you for your review.

Please can you kindly contact me on the details that I have sent through to discuss this further as I have been unable to reach you.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

The service is very good, warm welcome by employees full of smiles. They even remembered to put a birthday card in the bedroom, thank you team you have made my day. We will definitely come back for more

Room Tip: Superior is the best
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Pinkie S

I am so glad that our TEAM made your birthday a special and memorable one.

We look forward to welcoming you back for more.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

We stayed at Mount Grace from 28/03 to 29/03 .

What a wonderful experience !!!! From the reservation staff, to the drivers, to the staff at the Spa. Not a single frowning face - and the helpful attitudes!!!

ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT, THANK YOU!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the Villa's - Brilliant !
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
MountGrace, Guest Relations Manager at African Pride Mount Grace Country House & Spa, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear 649jans

Thank you for your "excellent" review.

I am glad to hear that you felt the warmth of our entire TEAM who pride themselves in providing a wonderful experience to our GUESTS.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Johannesburg, South Africa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

Mount Grace WAS one of my favourite getaway destinations from Joburg, until today.

Our booking was made though an agent and I did not have our paperwork when we arrived so I enquired on checking in what our booking included, had a pleasant stay until we went to check-out to find out all that what we had been told was included was not and had a surprise bill. Normally, we would let this go, but my partner specially asked me to check before we arrived as we drove in which I did. The sad reality was that instead of accepting our word, the staff debated issues and made us feel like we took a chance. This is unacceptable!!! Then when I became very angry and we walked out, then the offer came to call management. By then, it was futile, we were livid! The sad reality and a huge disappointment for us, we won't go back and there I was thinking I would book my entire company in for a weekend at the end of the year as a Xmas treat! Amazing what poor service results in. Our advise, ensure you check in writing what you booked for and don't take the word of the people checking you in.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
MountGrace, Guest Relations Manager at African Pride Mount Grace Country House & Spa, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Dear Liz Hart

Thank you for taking our Front Office Managers call after your departure.

As discussed with her, we would have been happy to have met with you while still at the property in order for us to rectify the miscommunication that occurred. Please be assured that your feedback was addressed with the TEAM and we sincerely apologise for the manner in which this was handled.

We do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Henley on Klip, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

We eloped and were married at Mount Grace...our Marriage Officer met us in our room and did the nuptials with 2 hotel staff as witnesses...it was so clean cut and stress free...after the service we booked ourselves into The Spa for a couples treatment...The Hotel met all ours needs with super friendly efficiency and The Spa was an absolute treat...The restaurant was fine dining at its finest... For us everything was just perfect and want to go back soon for an extended period.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be secluded and private...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
MountGrace, Guest Relations Manager at African Pride Mount Grace Country House & Spa, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Dear McGuigan61

Awesome to hear that we met all your needs and made your wedding day a memorable one.I have shared your wonderful comments with the TEAM and we certainly cannot wait to have you back on an extended stay.

GUEST Relations Manager

Been to African Pride Mount Grace Country House & Spa? Share your experiences!