We stayed at Whale View Manor for 4 nights and very much enjoyed our stay. The rooms are comfortable and the front-facing rooms have superb views over the sea. The staff are very friendly and helpful, and go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable. Breakfast is delicious - again, the attention to detail is charming. WVM has the little things which make a big difference at a guest house or b&b: a 'library' with books and magazines to read while you relax on your balcony or in the lounge; an 'honesty bar' system so you can help yourself to drinks at any time; guest parking and security which is present, but not over-bearing. The location across the road from a small swimming beach which is part of the famour Boulder's Beach makes Whale View Manor a great place to spend a relaxing break on the Simon's Town side of things. Enjoy!
- Also Known As:
- Whale View Manor Simons Town
- Whale View Manor Cape Town, South Africa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whale View Manor… distinctive and sumptuous…. a jewel of a guest house located in historic Simon’s Town and close to Boulders Beach that is world famous for the African Penguins. Whale View Manor is situated directly opposite a picturesque and secluded beach. The uninterrupted, breath-taking views, at the southern-most tip of Africa enhance the unique experience of this accommodation. This gem also has a backdrop of majestic mountain vistas. As you step into the eclectic reception area, you are treated to an extravaganza of the senses. Extraordinary artifacts and collectibles greet and welcome you. Susan Smyth, the owner, travels extensively and her keen eye selects remarkable objet d'art that she lovingly brings home to Whale View Manor. Visual delights are further accentuated by subtle fragrances wafting through the reception, by bougainvillea petals floating inside from the charming courtyard and by the gleaming smiles of the dedicated staff. Exemplary service defines Whale View Manor. The team will go to any lengths to create a memorable, magical experience for their valued guests – from set ting up a breakfast table on the beach to arranging a tantalizing high-tea in the garden. Flexibility and creativity allow for the team to cater to your dreams. Accommodation:Six of the rooms have spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean, while four have beautiful garden and mountain views. All the rooms have newly appointed en suite bathrooms and satellite television. Breakfast & Dining: Breakfast is served in the restaurant overlooking the ocean. Scrumptious freshly prepared meals are served with the aroma of freshly ground coffee filling the air. Our restaurant is open for lunch and dinner - booking essential. The meals are quite delectable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Whale View Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.